Bad_pool_caller ndis.sys STOP: 0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000cd4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosagio

hello,

I have a recurent problem: bleu screen
but
- my video card driver is update
- my hard disk is recent
- I have check my memory (ok)
-my wifi card driver is update
-scan ok whith spybot and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

the only thing I have a pci card com/parallel ports that I have desactivate (in manage menu) because the driver is not already install (I will find the good one!)

I'm on XP sp3 with updates
Have you an idea of the cause of that bleu screen?????
Thanks a lot for your help
Rosagio

Attachments

• Mini050610-01.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 15
Your error 0xC2 and these are caused by faulty drivers of buggy softwware. In your circumstance it is the driver pcandis5.sys and it's an NDIS driver related to your networking hardware, the vendor is PCAUSA (http://www.pcausa.com/).

There is also a trojan that goes by this name so do a security scan first before updating your network drivers.

hello route44,

first thank for your answer!

can you explain what driver may i must update?
what is networking hardware?? wifi card??ethernet card???
mother card???
@ rosagio

So you had a friend build it? Prebuilt means HP, Dell, Gateway, etc. built it and you purchased it from a store or online.

excuse me but my english is bad (i'm french)

what do you mean??
my mother car is an asus P5Q deluxe
and my PC is made with differents componants

do you know where is the problem???

Thanks Rosagio

Let me try to ask this more clearly. Did you or a friend build this system or did you buy it from a company like Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.?

I haven't bought my PC from a company like Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.
but from an assembler and it's me who have install XP Pro SP3 original

when i open the minidump with BlueScreenView.exe it says that the driver in cause
is ndis.sys

I have the last driver for dlink dwl g520 card
do I find an update for ethernet card????
(see the join image)

Attachments

• networkcard.jpg
    networkcard.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 5
Find the make of your motherboard. Go to their website and find your exact model. Then update the latest drivers for your motherboard.

Today I have the same problem
even I have update my motherboard ethernet driver
the version of ndis.sys file is the same

join the BlueScreenView.exe analysis
and the new dump

Attachments

• dump.jpg
    dump.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini060110-01.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 2
any idea???????
must i buy a new wireless card?????

The blue screen appear generally when i access to the web

Your error is 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

The driver cited as the cause of your issues is PCANDIS5.sys file belongs to PCAUSA Rawether for Windows (http://www.rawether.net/) if it's legitimate. There have been known trojans by the same name.

You should be able to see the process in Control Panel > Admin Services > Services. You can stop it from there but it's not a visible service. It's a NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification) protocol driver.

* Once again we are back to a networking issue.

Look at this link: http://www.pcausa.com/pressroom/about-pcausa.htm Perhaps contacting their customer support might resolve this issue. Give them the error code and the driver specifically cited.

* Also, you updated the ethernet drivers; did you update wireless drivers as well?

hello Route44,

yes i have the last version of my wireless drivers...
my ethernet card is no connected, so the problem come from
my wireless card, no????
is a solution to buy an other one???

I'm wondering if it is the PCANDIS5.sys driver because 0xC2 as stated is due to buggy software or faulty drivers.

Again:

The driver cited as the cause of your issues is PCANDIS5.sys file belongs to PCAUSA Rawether for Windows (http://www.rawether.net/) if it's legitimate. There have been known trojans by the same name.

You should be able to see the process in Control Panel > Admin Services > Services. You can stop it from there but it's not a visible service. It's a NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification) protocol driver.

Again we are back to networking/internet. It may not be your card but this software PCAUSA Rawether.

Never seen it as bad drivers... this is commonly hardware error.

Thanks raybay; much appreciated. Your earlier post to remove the offending card may very well be the correct answer.

rosagio, it could very well be it is your wireless card because updating the drivers aren't working.

They are not expensive to replace. Go to the person who assmled it and ask them how much it will cost you to replace said card. Often you can find it cheaper and it isn't that hard to install.

Hello,

I have changed my wifi card (USB) and the result is still the same

ndis.sys error (blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER)

see minidump file join

I have decrease the cpu frequency (+3%->-1%)
but I don't understand the problem????????????????????
ANY IDEA?????

Rosagio
motherboard P5Q deluxe

Attachments

• Mini070810-01.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 2
See Post #21 because it is another 0xC2 - and these are caused by faulty drivers or buggy software -- and the same PCANDIS5.SYS driver cited as the cause of your issues.

This is more and more looking like this driver and the software that it belongs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back