Battery advice

Hi you all!

I have an Asus Laptop, last generation i7, 8gb... almost nice. Code: N550LF

Problem: I have to work all day with my laptop, with graphic software and so on.
Almost 10/12 hours or more per day. In my old Dell (I had it for 5 years) I changed for this reason the battery every year.
It is extremely important for my work, even if not everyone cares about battery.

Requested solution: what can I do to preserve (as much as possible) the battery?

What others said: A friend of mine told me to always plug in the computer, because the computer doesn't charge the battery when it is full. In this way I can preserve the battery.
The Asus website doesn't give any advice about it.
The official support by mail told me to not plug the battery when it is 100% charged. This could be dangerous. So, no way to preserve it.

And in your opinion?

Thank you in advance

• Batteries these days like to stay between 20% and 90% charge.
  • Leaving the laptop/device plugged in when it reaches 100% does no damage, as most devices have an automatic charge cut-off. So you won't over-charge your batteries.
  • The problem is, that you're keeping the battery between 98-100% charge all the time, when this is not a sweet spot for the battery at all. It will degrade very slightly faster.
  • Therefore, in order to keep maximum battery life, keep battery between 20-90% charge.

Back