Battles of Norghan loading problem

Can anybody help me out here?

I would like to play this game, it's sprite based, and turn based, so I suspect it shouldn't need to much in the way of graphics.

It's requirements are:
Intel Pentium III 500 MHz or better
* 128 MB RAM
* 8 MB Direct3D compatible graphics card
* Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista or newer
* Requires DirectX 9.0c or newer

I have a pentium 4 with 3 GHZ, 500mb Ram, a 82865g intel Graphics Controller chip with 96 mb, Windows XP and DirectX 9.0c.

When I launch the game it Crashes straight away, with no useful error message.

I have made sure my drivers are up to date, I have service pack 3. I'm not very experienced with computers, is it possible my chipset is not 3d compatible? (There is no slot for a graphics card on my mother board).

I have run windbg over the dump file created when the game crashes, but I'm not really sure how to read it (file attached). (I realise the guide says to upload the last 5, but I can only find one in the Dr Watson Folder. I'm happy to provide more if advised where to look)

The game is/was an indy game from a few years ago, and the forums for it are now closed. I have sent an email to the developer, but he seems to have moved on, and didn't/couldn't provide a solution.

I would like to play this game, so if anybody has the time to look through it and provide some insight, it would be appreciated.

Attachments

• user.dmp
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
Back