Bccode :10000050 error code problem :(

Hi there

I have just started to get a blue screen of death and then my computer restarts: when it restarts I get a windows error code saying the system has recovered from a serious error on clicking on details gives me this:

Bccode:10000050 BCP1: A2FA6648 BCP2: 000000000
BCP3: E2C72B8E BCP4: 00000000 Osver: 5_1_2600
SP: 3_0 product: 256_1

im not a complete noob when it comes to pc's but I have no idea what htis means and a search came up with your tech site and im really hoping you can help. I have made no hardware upgrades or downloaded anything but windows updates, I am using a dell inspiron 531 with windows XP.

I am going to upload the dumpfile as well with this post in the hopes that will help as well.. thank you in advance if you can help

Attachments

• Mini031111-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
Your issue is with the Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll. Go to Dell's website and find your exact model. Then update the latest video drivers they provide for your system.

follow up

after trying the suggested fix it still crashed at a more frequent rate it seemed..
so I I formated the harddrive and installed with windows vista homex86.
and now I am getting a BSOD just sitting at the desktop.. minidump is attached, I am going to assume that if the mini dump says that it is still the nv4_disp file it is one of a few things. either the graphics card is slowly dying a death, the hard drive has a problem or the latest driver from nvidia is corrupt.

not sure if the mini dump shows this but I have a nvidia 8600gt card

ps I have removed 1 stick of memory and so as of this post no BSOD sitting on the desktop, so only running at 1gig ram instead of 2. hoping its not that, will see if the mini dump saying anything before I replace the ram

Attachments

• Mini031211-05.dmp
    149.3 KB · Views: 2
It is an 0x124 error (I hate these errors) and they are caused by hardware -- any hardware. The fact that you are able to run stable with one stick of RAM is a strong indicator that RAM is your issue.

Oh, one other thing about 0x124 codes, they never state which hardware is at fault.

thank you

Thanks for trying to help Route44. i ended up having BSOD again just after i said things seemed to be running fine :(
i carried on playing around with the hardware setup to no avail.. and the BSOD's seemed to be getting more frequent.. at one point i saw a message in the BSOD screen that said something about one of my cpu cores not timing properly or something along those lines which prompted me to think that the 124 error was my motherboard. so i moved both ram sticks and graphics card over to another computer along with the hard drive and everything has been fine so far.. i didnt upgrade any hardware on the original computer think it was just its time to see the big pc in the sky lol. but as i said before it was running windows XP and i had just downloaded 3 updates though windows then started to get these error, not saying that it was a updates fault because it could have been just a dying motherboard, so for the moment i am using a single core AMD 64 3200... this will be fun untill i can get another computer. again thanks for the tips, and if i happen to come across any fixes for this sort of thing i will be sure to post it up on here

Adios

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. I run the very same cpu in our family computer. Yeah, its old by today's standard but it is rock solid and does what we need it to do.

Back