BCCode Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkaylomen

Hello,

My PC has recently started instantly restarting (no blue screen just as if i pressed the reset button) and when windows loads back up it tells me windows just recovered from a serious error, this is the error message I get when clicking more info. Dump and hijack this log attached.

BCCode : 24 BCP1 : 001902FE BCP2 : F7BF67E0 BCP3 : F7BF64DC
BCP4 : 804EE67B OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3200+
Motherboard: I can't remember the model but will find out asap I know its ASRock
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: Geil PC3200 1.0GB (i think they are 333mhz)
GPU: RADEON HD 3850 512MB GDDR3 AGP 8x
PSU (do not leave this out): I think its Thermaltake but its definitely 850W

Thanks in advance for any help.

Your error is a 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

1. Run ChkDsk

2. Do a full harddrive diagnostic scan with the free utility provided by your haddrive manufacturer.

Hi Route44,

Thanks for the replay, I'll run Chkdisk, HDD is maxtor so i'm sure 'll be able to find some support for it, come to think of it my HDD does sometimes sound like its about to die.

Hi Route44,

Thanks for the replay, I'll run Chkdisk, HDD is maxtor so i'm sure 'll be able to find some support for it, come to think of it my HDD does sometimes sound like its about to die.

Seagate bought out Maxtor so use their Seagate Tools. It is very good.

If your harddrive making noise do yourself a favor and back up everything that is important to you IMMEDIATELY. Your harddrive could go at any moment and data recovery from a crashed one is very exspensive.

its a 300gb hdd, lol I have about 80 spare and my 750gb external is almost full, I don't think there's anything i can't get or reinsall anyway but thanks for the advice I'll double check i dont need anything, it has been making the noise for about 6-8 months now not the click of death but more like its starting to strain itself when doing simple tasks like running a fairly non intensive app.

on that note chkdsk closed itself after it finished does it dump a log file or do i need to run it from a cmd prompt?

on that note chkdsk closed itself after it finished does it dump a log file or do i need to run it from a cmd prompt?

I can't remmeber! DUH-Me! But you don't have to run from cd prompt. It does its thing and then closes. It will also recover lost files as it works.

well I'll take it as nothing wrong as far as chkdsk goes, running seatools now on a long drive self test, I did a S.M.A.R.T Test and it failed but i'm guessing that's because its disabled and I don't know how to enable it lol

Did it run S.M.A.R.T. though? Let us know if it fails the Long Test. If it does get a new harddrive A.S.A.P.

I don't think so, the test ended in about 2 seconds flat, i think its failing due to S.M.A.R.T being disabled, it passed the long test although i must admit i fell asleep during it but came out as passed

Yay, just went onto my external Hdd and most the folders i try to open give me the error "F:/My Music is not accessible.
The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. and then it kicks me back to F:/ (my externals drive letter.

oh joy of joyous joys i'm having one of those bad weeks! :)

Edit: just to point out its obviously the file or folder name im opening instead of my music but that was just the one i tried at the time to get the error up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back