Bear share and internet explorer keep closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubz786

when using bearshare a window dialogue box appears saying "bearshare has stopped working" and then the program just closes. can anyone explain of how to prevent this from happening????

I'm not sure how to fix your current problem, but I am here to tell you to be careful when downloading things from P2P networks. There is quite a bit of CRAP loaded on those networks, and it can screw up your computer quicker than you can say "Oh NO!"

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.
A message for all newcomers.
SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.
Thanks.

yes i agree with poertner_1274.

I know alot of people who have used Bearshare, and it has eventually ruined thier system.
That goes for any p2p network.

BTW. Welcome to Techspot.

Regards Jase :wave: :wave:

Tedster said:
when will people learn?

in short... i don't think they will

to be fair i use p2p myself but only as a last resort when i can't get something over http, which probably isn't always much better but so far i've been pretty lucky with regards to malware

i know this may sound dumb is there anyway to know which files are unsafe to download for example should i look out for any file extentions which could be potentially harmful????

In the defense of P2P. I've been using p2p since Napster first came out and I've never had a problem with my PC. I currently use Bearshare with absolutely no problems. I understand the Lite versions package Adware such as Zango. I've never experienced anything malicious.

As far as Bearshare keeps closing. GOOGLE THE ERROR MESSAGE.

why does this HAPPEN!

Randomly i get a windows dialogue box saying internet explorer has stopped working. And then i have to close every thing, by the way i,m using vista ultimate.

Any solutions or diagnosis ppl????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back