Being redirected by google to copy-book

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am being redirected when i click Google links to either copy-book.com or other search engines. I use Mozilla Firefox and i am on windows XP.

i know very little about computers and would be grateful for any help you can give

Welcome to TS. I am trying to anticipate your needs. Here is a ‘canned’ response.+ kicker exercised when experiencing trouble with the tools.

Canned response
For anyone seeking help with malware removal, the volunteers expect 3 logs: MBAM, SAS, & HJT. Following this procedure "normalizes" your case in that over 1000 malware threats have been addressed by the tools.

kicker
This creates another opportunity for a response more specific & comprhensive. My analysis only adds one perspective for your post.
Often the 'gurgle' redirect is accompanied by failure of the scanning tools to perform completely or experience update failures. Neither choice is a guarantee of success.

Choice !
CureIt 4.44 now available @Cnet. (download dot com - phoenetical spelling to frustrate spy-slurpers recording the link).

Use if offer not available at CnetVendor Site -Freeware version - Drweb CureIt

Choice 2
This was developed locally: script by mflynn zipped to zap bug screwing update/download

Of course, for the full treatment, please consider the 8-step malware removal guide

Please include a progress report & identify If CureIt or mflynn was helpful. Re-state the symptoms that are still present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back