Best MB for a Q9550 CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klepto12

hello i was wondering if i could get some help with choosing a good low cost MB that i could use a Q9550 with that is also a good overclocker. I dont want Sli or anything or crossfire im using 1 GTX 260 and that will be it but if you want a good Sli board will do im trying to stay around $130-150 range. Any help would be great.

I recommend the GA-EP45-UD3P over the P5Q Pro for OCing. Better NB cooling and greater OC potential. Same set of features too. If you're not looking to OC, then get the P5Q Pro instead.

thnx guys and the q9550 is a $319 cpu not 500. thnx for the suggestions i just read the reviews but want a good solid board that will work out of the box with the q9550.

also i was wondering what you guys thought of the Q9550 vs E8500. I play alot of games but also do video encoding and have multiple monitors so i was leaning towards the Q9550 but was wondering what you guys thought?

If you do more encoding and multimedia, go quad. If you do more gaming, go Duo. Intel released a cool technology demo not long ago that makes use of all cores for rendering, physics, etc. At some point you can expect to see developers picking up the multithreaded coding model and running with it better than they have... But who knows when that will be.

Does a Quad help more with Convert X to DVD than a duel core? if it does then im getting the Q9550.

the one thing i really like is being able to O.C the Q9550 to like 3.6ghz or 4ghz if i can pull it off but that seems great for a Quad.

Don't underestimate the 45nm Q... It's a great process. A touch of volts, some decent air cooling and you'll probably pull it off, or at least come close to it, on the right config. Don't skimp on the board, RAM and PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back