Best Tablets of 2013: Putting them together, spec-by-spec

Jos

Staff
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/guides/730-tablets-of-2013/]https://www.techspot.com/guides/730-tablets-of-2013/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Agreed, it's not clear why this subset was chosen. What makes the Iconia W4 better than the Venue 8 Pro?

I got my gf a Asus Memo Pad FHD 10. It's cheap and it's amazing. Real good battery life, very fluid, and in my personal opinion Asus' touchscreen is the most fun to use.

ET3D Small Windows 8.1 tablets all share more or less the same specs. Until they hit the market and reviews are out it's hard to tell which one is best. However, at least on paper the Iconia W4 has a slight edge over the Venue with a micro HDMI port and higher MP front camera.

littldough Adorerai Thanks for pointing that out. We updated the table from our last comparison and left the previous iPad mini pricing untouched. Starting price has been changed to $399 now.

The Nexus seriously needs a upgrade. It is falling behind and getting dated. The Lumia would be a great tablet if it wasnt just LTE and RT didnt suck.

Why is there no mention that the Nexus 7 is the only one in this list with standalone GPS and may be the only one with NFC, both great features that I use often.

What was Acer thinking of getting into that market, 324, 323, 339, 323, and then Acer at 186PPI, wow just wow.

What about some of the low end android tablets? They can be had for $60. And the manufacturers thought netbooks were bad.

I will be getting the Amazon Kindle HDX 8.9 I have a kindle fire hd 7" and a nexus 7 FHD 2013 version...I just love the prime from amazon..and with the kindle you can get lots of free books and the free app a day is great also probably will get the 64gig version with just wifi my cell has hotspot so easy enough to connect to it on the go if I have to and I have unlimited data with verizon since my plan is before the stupid limits on data...I have the HTC thunderbolt I am so trying to hold out for atleast a 7" phablet hopefully from amazon getting harder and harder though so hurry up lol hint hint

ET3D Small Windows 8.1 tablets all share more or less the same specs. Until they hit the market and reviews are out it's hard to tell which one is best. However, at least on paper the Iconia W4 has a slight edge over the Venue with a micro HDMI port and higher MP front camera.

Thanks for the reply. For me the Venue has an edge because of the active stylus (and frankly I think that at least in theory Miracast is a better solution than hooking an HDMI cable to a tablet). To each his own, I guess, but I feel that when posting this kind of article it's worth at least noting alternatives, especially when they're very similar.

Back