Bethesda: Fallout 4 VR will be shown at E3 2017

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Resident Evil 7’s reign as the top AAA virtual reality game may be short-lived. Pete Hines, Bethesda’s vice president of PR and marketing, said during a recent interview with Hip Hop Gamer (via Game Rant) that the virtual reality version of Fallout 4 will be featured during the company’s E3 2017 press conference.

Best yet, Hines said he recently talked with lead designer Todd Howard who said Fallout 4 VR is the most incredible thing you’ve ever seen in your life. You can’t even imagine what it’s like playing in VR and how realistic it looks. Simply put, Howard said, it’s going to blow your mind.

That’s got to be good news for fans of the game and virtual reality supporters alike although it’s worth highlighting that, well, of course Howard is going to hype the game up. Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint.

Fallout 4 VR is expected to arrive this year for PC (via the HTC Vive) yet as of writing, no specific launch date has been given. We also don’t know yet if the game will find its way to the Oculus Rift and / or Sony’s PlayStation 4 VR although I can’t see why Bethesda would limit it to just one platform / headset.

E3 2017 takes place on June 13 – June 15 at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will be open to the public for the first time ever.

Permalink to story.

Definitely getting this for my Vive when it comes out.

Also, E3 open to the public for years, they only stopped that about a decade ago, so it's not the first time ever...

Vive/Oculus have too low of a display resolution to make anything look realistic. Why the hell is it taking so long to get a decent resolution for VR? We have 4K monitors now, this is kind of silly.

I was seriously considering a Pimax headset since it has 4K, but I really want the roomscale and ability to move around. So I'm still waiting before jumping into VR.

Back