Bethesda shares 10 minutes of Rage 2 gameplay

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? Bethesda has published nearly 10 minutes of new pre-beta gameplay footage for Rage 2, the high-octane first-person shooter due out this spring. While not groundbreaking in theme or concept, it does look to be a lot of fun and at the end of the day, isn't that what gaming is all about?

A direct sequel to 2010’s Rage, the game is set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic world in which law and order is a distant memory. Action featured in the trailer takes place across multiple environments including what appears to be a makeshift shanty town with the protagonist, Walker, demonstrating a variety of attacks

The biggest take, however, is the fast and fluid nature of the gameplay.

Rumors surfaced in early 2013 that Rage 2 had been cancelled due to the first game being met with a lackluster response from critics and gamers. Fortunately, Bethesda reconsidered.

Rage 2 is scheduled to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC on May 14, 2019. It's available to pre-order as of writing.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

VR? It is Bethesda after-all...

Would be nice to have a VR game with a FULL single player campaign.

I understand Bethesda is the publisher on this game and not the developer, but I don't trust them as a company after Fallout 76. This game will absolutely fall under the category of "wait and see."

I understand Bethesda is the publisher on this game and not the developer, but I don't trust them as a company after Fallout 76. This game will absolutely fall under the category of "wait and see."

then you never played Saint's Row series (I guess?), basically a GTA with some ***** stuff.
Rage 2 feels like Mad Max, GTA and Saint's Row 3 and Doom in the mix....absolute madness whehehehehehe

Back