Beyond repair...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekurahn

I'm being harassed by pop-ups, something is eating my computer's ressources like crazy since they started a few hours ago making it very difficult to accomplish anything, and Limewire starts on it's own and again indefinitly when I close it myself.

I rebooted my computer is safe mode with networking to uninstall Limewire but my ressources are still being eaten up by something.

Also, I am going through the rules of posting and such, but I find that I get stuck at step 1. I have ran both F-Secure and BitDefender of both crashed on me one way or the other.

Please help me, I don't wantto format again! :(

Thank you ^^;;

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow as many of the instructions as you can.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Nekurahn only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

There`s no need to create a new thread, as Nekurahn already has this thread here.

Also due to the symptoms he`s told us about, I suggest he follows the instructions in the link I gave him, rather than in the trojan pakes thread.

Regards Howard :)

I remember installing Ewido from the last time I almost made my PC explode so it should still be in there somewhere lol...

I'm at school right now, but I will get right on it when I get back home in a few hours.

Thank you for the quick response! :D

Ewido has recently been updated. Therefore I suggest you uninstall your current version and download and install the new version from the link within the instructions.

This thread is for the use of Nekurahn only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

r

Wow ok...Ewido killed my computer when I hit "delete" for all malware and such it had found. Just finished repairing Windows XP ; ;

I did manage to save the report though. Here it is.

That`s fine mate, Ewido has killed some nasties.

Now go and follow the rest of the instructions in THIS thread.

Post a fresh renamed HJT log as an attachment, only after doing the above.

I think I fixed it! :D

Look2me-Destroyer got rid of alot, and then I installed Prevx1 and it cleaned the stragglers.

Few more problems now.

1) When I minimize windows, they align to the right instead of to the left? (?? lol)

2) I have a Dell computer and when boot or reboot, it stays on the Dell logo screen for like 5 minutes untill moving on to leading windows. Then windows loads pretty fast, and then it takes another 4ever to load after I pick my user and it hangs on the "Welcome" screen for another 5min...

how do I fix that? lol

Untill you`ve completed the instructions and posted a fresh HJT log, I can`t say with any degree of certainty whether your system is clean.

Once I`ve seen you HT log, I`ll have a better idea.

Please rename HijackThis.exe as instructed and post a fresh HJT log.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

outlook

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Command Service
winlog

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

command.exe
wuauclt.exe
outlook.exe
winlog.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{8E8A9A89-093F-0AEB-4100-28F07DBD6CB5} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {09E82B40-5E92-4A55-B84F-8470753B330E} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljjj.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [outlook] C:\Program Files\outlook\outlook.exe /auto

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winlog] winlog.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [winlog] winlog.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aida] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\FNTS~1\wuauclt.exe" -vt yazb

O20 - Winlogon Notify: mljjj - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljjj.dll (file missing)

O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\V2lsbGlhbQ\command.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\V2lsbGlhbQ
C:\WINDOWS\system32\FNTS~1
C:\Program Files\outlook

winlog.exe Search your system for this file and delete all instances of it.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Your HJT log is clean.

Get some antivirus and firewall software installed asap, before you become reinfected.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back