BF 2142 Woes (BSOD 0x0000008e)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally bought BF 2142 Deluxe edition the other day, and decided to install and play. But after the installation, I tried to play, and my computer just showed a black screen and restarted with a serious error:
C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\Temp\WER9293.dir00\Mini081108-07.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\Temp\WER9293.dir00\sysdata.xml
I disabled the auto restart and tried again, and got BSOD of course, with the 0x0000008e error. Tried the new drivers(for both graphics and sound card) thing, the remove all traces of BF 2142 and reinstall thing, and ran all my anti virus/spyware programs which include Spy Sweeper and Ad-Aware. I followed EA's advice by ending all processes except for explorer.exe and taskmanager.exe before running 2142 and still had a problem.
I have a HP Pavillion a1510n (1gb RAM, 250gb hard drive, Windows XP SP3, nVidia GeForce 6150 le)
I've looked through many forums and I have ran memtest (7 passes), and had no problems with the RAM. I am extremely frustrated because I have been able to run the demo and Battlefield 2 in the past. I know that this PC isn't exactly a gaming rig, but it definitely passes minimum reqs. PLEASE HELP! Attached are 5 minidumps, and I have 2 more to add.

Lets start with some comparisons. What mobo are you running, what is your anti virus, web browser, type of internet connection. I get the exact same errors. I runn firefox 3 ar my browser and it constantly crashes im running an asus m2n32-sli mobo with avg antivirus, spybot and have a hughes stalite connection. dO YOU SEE ANY SIMALARITIES. NO I CANT SPELL

I have spy sweeper, avg and ad-aware. I have a Cox cable connection, but I get internet through a Linksys USB adapter. I use firefox 3, but have no crashing problems when I use anything EXCEPT for when I attempt to start Battlefield 2142. My mobo is an Asus A8N-LA.

The MiniDumps cite the errors 0x8E and all cite a Windows Kernel Driver "ntkrnlpa.exe" this could point but the Process Name was cited as Battlefield in everyone of the MiniDumps.

Try running Chkdsk and your HDD Manufacturers Test found on the Support or Download Section of their website

I used Chkdsk and PC Doctor and scanned all my hardware and there were no problems. The reason why the process shows up as Battlefield is because the computer restarts every time I click on Battlefield (black screen followed by restart). This is the only cause of the problem. It never restarts if I'm doing something else.
Do you know how to solve the ntkrnlpa.exe problem? Thanks for the help btw

Ok
"ntkrnlpa.exe" is a Windows Kernel Driver it doesn't really point to anything it is too common to help too much.
Normally if that is seen it is a Software or Device Driver problem, your NVidia Graphics is a Chipset isn't it not a Graphics Card as such it may not support it.

Have you updated BF to it latest version if not try that.

Whenever I got a Black Screen for a Game it meant my Chipset couldn't support it fully (This was on my Laptop), you may have run the Demo but that would have had way less features compared to the full game.

Yea I have tried updating BF2142. And I'm pretty sure that it can run on my PC because I know others who have the same chipset and have it installed and working. Plus, I was able to run Battlefield 2, which has the same requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back