BFG GeForce 9500GT problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old video card just recently died on me, Evga GeForce 7600 GS 512 DDR, so I purchased a BFG GeForce 9500 GT 1GB DDR2. When I initially installed the card, after going through the process of uninstalling the drivers and rebooting etc, the card worked fine. I loaded up WoW and everything was perfect. I walked away from the computer and came back to find my display was starting to get "static" lines in various places. I rebooted to the computer and when it got to where the Windows Logo would pop up, the screen stays black and nothing else. I've dug through everything I could online to find a solution and nothing worked. I've updated my BIOS, my chipset, downloaded a driver cleaner and nothing seems to work. Right now it's using a Standard VGA Adapter for the display. I'm at a complete loss as to what to do now. Any help would be great!
Specs:

Windows Vista Premium Home 32 bit
ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz
4 GB RAM
550w PSU

Is it possible your power supply doesn't offer enough amps on the 12 volt rail ?
Secondly, check the motherboard for bulging capacitors.

Same here

I have a new computer with a 9500GT onboard. My monitor (Philips Brilliance 201P) gives me static right from the moment I turn the power on. It works on an old 17'' monitor.

WHat to do? Should the bios messages always be visible?

Any help highly appreciated since I'm stuck.

Sweder

@Kiddo80
u should check your power supply and also u said that the problem occurded after some time,it might be possible that your card over heated or something

@Sweder
make sure you have the latest drivers from nVidia and what is the power rating of your PSU?

PSU data

Hi Punkid,

here a pic of my PSU.

I installed NVidia driver 190.62

Sweder

Attachments

• DSC_5362.JPG
    DSC_5362.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 13
well your PSU is 400W so that isnt causing the problem...what is the resolution of the moniter that works and the one that does not work?

resolution of monitor

on the working monitor I use 1152x864. I also used 1024x768. The monitor that does not work is definitly capable of these resolutions.

no that might not be the case,u see my 17" moniter has a resolution of 1440*900 but it cant work at 1024*768 so uu might wanna tweaking the resolution

I see. The OSD of the monitor is inaccessible. So I can not change it; don't belief, if memory serves me well, that it is configurable from within the OSD.

Anyway, shouldn't the video card show some info on the monitor as soon as I switch the power on? The screen is blurred right from the start. If so something could be wrong with the video card.

On the other hand. I took a screenshot while the problem monitor was attached. And guess what? The image looked OK, just as on the 'good' monitor. This points to a problem with the monitor.

I'm lost... completely :)

yea ofc the signal output from the graphics card is working....does ur moniter work with any other input?

i got a 9500GT and after a "fresh: installation of windows XP, certain driver could cause my computer screen to stays black after windows logo for a minute. this is ridiculous.

i used 185.85 drivers in 9500GT with intel mobo without problems. when my intel mobo breaksdown and i replaced it with gigabyte, there will be many errors using that driver. so i downgrade to dox 182.46 driver. it works okay now.

what im trying to say is, you ought to try different drivers, maybe.
here is the link for Dox driver: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/122-doxs-customized-forceware-releases/

@punkid yes the monitor works with a NVidia GeForce 400 (?) and the GeForce 8400GS

@nismo91 I think it is not the drivers. When switching the power on, the video card should identify ityself even before the BIOS puts something on the screen. In my case, it is blurred lines from the start that is being shown

no its not necessary that it wud show anything on the screen before the BIOS ...my 9500gt doesnt but my really old 7600GS shows that...

I think the 9500GT requires a minimum of 18 amps on your +12V rails. From the pic you posted it shows as 15 amps. Maybe that could be an issue.

@ritwik7 would that be consistent with the fact that the card works on an old 17'' ADI M700 CRT monitor?

And I'm presuming that your Philips Brilliance 201P is working perfectly otherwise?

And what happened to Kiddo80? Problem resolved? Do let us know.

Hi,

I solved it!!
I bought myself another monitor and got rid of the old one :)

Thanks for all your help.

Sweder

Hi

I have the same problem on my computer with windows. You have to use windows own driver (on the original disc, if it supports your graphic card) and not update untill their will be an update from nvidia without this problem. I reinstalled my windows maybe 20 times and still no fix found. only this helps for not having that black screen waiting for hours to the windows logo to pop out and load windows. it wont start windows on my computer if i install the latest driver of nvidia 9500 gt 1gb (galaxy)

hope fully for you this will work

kind regards
Erke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back