Biden administration designates 31 tech hubs to boost innovation and create jobs across...

Status
Not open for further replies.

brochi

What just happened? President Biden has announced 31 technology hubs across the country to support regional economic growth and create jobs that will increase innovation. This is the president's attempt to expand tech investment that is primarily concentrated in a handful of regions and in line with his "Bidenomics" agenda that wants to accelerate equitable growth and competitiveness.

In a bid to spur innovation and competitiveness in the tech sector, the Biden administration designated 31 tech hubs this week in different regions across the country (the full list is here). These technology centers span 32 states and Puerto Rico and cover both urban and rural regions.

This is the first phase of the Tech Hubs program that aims to strengthen the U.S. economy and national security. The program's goal is to invest in regions with the potential to transform into globally competitive innovation centers in around 10 years. It is part of the "Bidenomics" agenda that wants to grow the American economy, birthed by the CHIPS and Science Act that the president signed into law in August 2022.

The hubs will spearhead investments in technologies critical to the creation of jobs, and span almost every section of the industry, including AI, aerospace, semiconductors, quantum computing, clean energy, precision medicine, and biotechnology. Each hub can receive up to $75 million in funding, which come from the $500 million that Congress allocated to the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) for Regional Technology and Innovation Hubs.

The designees were selected from nearly 400 applications spanning 49 states and four territories and include economic development organizations, local and state governments, learning institutions, and workforce partners.

The White House reports that for the longest period tech investments were only concentrated in a few regions in the country as historically underserved communities and rural areas were left out. However, this program's awardees are going to represent America's full diversity. It believes this move will steer scientific and technological innovation and bring economic growth and opportunities to the neglected regions.

The initiative aligns with President Biden's belief that Americans should find jobs within their country and that opportunities should be spread out to everyone. He wants future industries to start, grow, and remain in the United States.

Permalink to story.

"Bidenomics" is the reason why this economy is in the crapper right now.
If this was the exact same economy but under tRUMP you would bow down to its excellence.

You would talk how our inflation rate is almost half on average of Europe's (UK now 6.3%)
You would talk about how our gasoline prices have been so much lower too
You would talk about the incredible job growth
You would be bowing down in tears over the near 5% economic growth just in the third quarter.

Where will the pain come from as real Americans continue to work on the areas where we can improve?

giphy.gif

Sounds good on paper. But when Government appropriates money it somehow disappears and corruption runs rampant. Second will be labor disputes as always. I won't be surprised if outsourcing happens and with the development of AI and robotics well...But if it works it'll be good.

Never a Biden supporter. But trying to be a reasonable critic, there is little to do after covid.
Trump was trashed during covid, and then again, he did not lose the virus in the middle of crowded 1 billion country. Trump, Biden, to handle it all better, each would have to be an extraordinary human being...
A decent human being as a president, it is all I would settle for now.

Just wanted to add this because I forgot earlier:

So I don't know, it's kind of hard not to pity the GQP folks right now.
They not only have to hear the BS coming from their handlers, they have to go out and repeat that BS. Fact free of course.

Nothing this president does is his decision. Someone is pulling the strings and we have a good idea who it is. I think his whole presidency will be remembered as the non-binary, inflation president.

Never a Biden supporter. But trying to be a reasonable critic, there is little to do after covid.
Trump was trashed during covid, and then again, he did not lose the virus in the middle of crowded 1 billion country. Trump, Biden, to handle it all better, each would have to be an extraordinary human being...
A decent human being as a president, it is all I would settle for now.
Trump did say that COVID would magically go away. And when that did not happen, he said maybe we could drink bleach, shine very bright light inside ourselves and other actions guaranteed to kill the virus and anyone performing those actions. In fact, some people, dumb enough to believe him, tried the bleach approach, and it did not end well for them.

And you say Trump did not lose the virus? 🤣 Well, that's true, I suppose, because he never had a grasp of the virus in any, even remotely, meaningful manner.

Last edited:
From a pure numbers perspective, the economy is doing fine, better than fine even. The issue is that for the average person, it doesn't "feel" fine. Costs are up and even though economic productivity and GDP is sky high the average joe isn't partaking in those gains.

We've been trapped in a national (global?) malaise since covid that is so much more than just economic numbers too. Our government seems broken and ineffectual, a bunch of Americans support conspiracy theories and nutterbutter non-sense, we're seeing wars break out across the world. Just feels like a weird and unsettled time and thats never good for an incumbent.

From a pure numbers perspective, the economy is doing fine, better than fine even. The issue is that for the average person, it doesn't "feel" fine. Costs are up and even though economic productivity and GDP is sky high the average joe isn't partaking in those gains.
All true and good points. But the least people could do is realize that all the bad things we see the most (food, fuel) are EVEN MORE expensive and have seen much higher price increases overseas.

Because of my day-to-day business I have a lot of close acquaintances in England, Italy and Germany and I mean, it's hard not to feel bad for what they are going through right now.
They just don't get what the hell we are all whining about. (I explain who the whiners are).

And for the very few on the right that do know, they never bother to explain how Biden did that in the other countries.

Just feels like a weird and unsettled time and thats never good for an incumbent.

Again, I get you, but in this case the challenger is also an incumbent of sorts. And he is a proven, complete failure. I don't know where you are from, but do you realize how very rare a one-term President is in America? And he lost by a bunch.
People like the progress under Biden, even if they don't know it. YET.

But "election season" is very close and people do pay attention then.
It was that time of the cycle that did trump the most damage. When people started paying attention.

Last edited:
Trump did say that COVID would magically go away. And when that did not happen, he said maybe we could drink bleach, shine very bright light inside ourselves and other actions guaranteed to kill the virus and anyone performing those actions.
:joy: Nice brother! Sometimes it's cool just to relive the hits!

Do you remember, "So, we have more cases because we do the greatest testing. If we didn’t do testing, we’d have no cases"?

He was totally unaware that many other nations made testing a religion!

Last edited:
:joy: Nice brother! Sometimes it's cool just to relive the hits!

Do you remember, "So, we have more cases because we do the greatest testing. If we didn’t do testing, we’d have no cases"?
Trump demonstrating his "stable genius" status by reasoning that if we didn't bother to detect cases of COVID, then there were no cases of COVID. Makes perfect logical sense to a dolt, I think. 🤣

And people think Biden is senile. :rolleyes:

But then when you think that just because some (supposed or should that be suppositoried) billionaire says there's a conspiracy against him, it must be true, speaks well, IMO, to the people that would let him pee all over them and think it was a golden-shower. 🤣
He was totally unaware that many other nations made testing a religion!
Seems more like "totally unaware" of reality, in general - to me. ;)

All true and good points. But the least people could do is realize that all the bad things we see the most (food, fuel) are EVEN MORE expensive and have seen much higher price increases overseas.

Because of my day-to-day business I have a lot of close acquaintances in England, Italy and Germany and I mean, it's hard not to feel bad for what they are going through right now.
They just don't get what the hell we are all whining about. (I explain who the whiners are).

And for the very few on the right that do know, they never bother to explain how Biden did that in the other countries.
Things are worse over there is a terrible excuse for historic inflation here.

Inflation is caused by spending money we don't have by printing it faster than the GDP expands (and Europe is doing the exact same thing).

Inflation is worse in other countries because the dollar is the global currency backed by the fact we force other countries to trade oil in dollars. These hedges against runaway inflation have both been threatened by our proxy war against Russia pushing China and other countries away from trading oil in dollars.

Guess who we have to blame for that? Right: Joe Biden and the Democrats AND the Republicans in Congress all of whom keep spending more on Ukraine because it lines their donors and their own pockets. (And likely the power trip of being the most powerful country on the planet)

Except, comparing us to other nations is perfectly applicable because it's the same circumstances causing the problems.

We are all still in a post pandemic world, and Russia's self-destruction tour has given the fossil fuel and food supply a massive hit.

Last edited:

Inflation is caused by spending money we don't have by printing it faster than the GDP expands (and Europe is doing the exact same thing).

Inflation is worse in other countries because the dollar is the global currency backed by the fact we force other countries to trade oil in dollars. These hedges against runaway inflation have both been threatened by our proxy war against Russia pushing China and other countries away from trading oil in dollars.

Guess who we have to blame for that? Right: Joe Biden and the Democrats AND the Republicans in Congress all of whom keep spending more on Ukraine because it lines their donors and their own pockets. (And likely the power trip of being the most powerful country on the planet)
You are on the right track, but inflation is caused by expanding the M2 faster than productivity (change in GDP per person over a 5 year average). With their tight money policy, the Fed has been shrinking the M2, but productivity is only a little over 1% these days. A couple of years ago, they increased the M2 about 20% (if I remember right) during the covid scare.

Who printed all the money Scott?!? I wonder who it could have been?
[HEADING=2]Donald Trump And The Fed Are Destroying The U.S. Dollar - Forbes[/HEADING]

Who printed all the money Scott?!? I wonder who it could have been?
[HEADING=2]Donald Trump And The Fed Are Destroying The U.S. Dollar - Forbes[/HEADING]
Trump and EVERY other President since the Fed came into existence.

Every President has spent more than the President before them.

This idea that either team red or team blue is better than the other is laughable. Both parties make lofty promises to get elected, then go back to doing the same things as before, then at election time they need your vote again because the other party stopped them from creating utopia and otherwise the other party will "destroy the country".

If you can take off your blinders for just a bit, you'll see Dems & Repubs are just frenemies working together to stay in power and that the real differences between either ruling are quite small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back