Big Brother is Watching?

Uhm.. Posting stuff on the internet and thinking it will remain a secret? HAHAHAHAHAHAA.. Serves you right being so naive :D

Most service providers make you agree to the fact that they can do pretty much whatever they like to your data and you should never, ever think that anyone atually cares about your privacy or strives to keep your stuff secret. Not to mention that any of your imaginary e-friends can do whetever they want to your pictures, including selling them to whoever or whatever. Of course, most people are naive, gullible, trusting, stupid, indifferent and so on and there are thousands more born every day :\

Age group: old farts?

haha.. that is so true..

and that is why you'd find if you looked for my name (N3051M) you wont find (wait.. i rephrase that) its very hard to find who i realy am.. unless you're one of those guys that notice every single tiny details or one who knows me personaly....

Most service providers make you agree to the fact that they can do pretty much whatever they like to your data and you should never, ever think that anyone atually cares about your privacy or strives to keep your stuff secret. Not to mention that any of your imaginary e-friends can do whetever they want to your pictures, including selling them to whoever or whatever. Of course, most people are naive, gullible, trusting, stupid, indifferent and so on and there are thousands more born every day :\

of course, for those unlucky **** who do get caught can get into a very hefty lawsuit, especialy if one is or part of a big powerful person/company...

that is provided that they do get caught...

The last part of the article pretty much sums it all up: "I could have saved myself a lot of misery had I just sat down and used my common sense."

This not only goes for the people posting, but the authorities all the way from law enforcement to teachers, including parents.

An example they had was someone's parents voicing concerns to school officials, thats just stupid. Unless some kid says he's going to kill another kid nothing should have been done. Its just typical overreaction by everyone that seems to happen anymore.

I think you have to be an ***** to post pictures of yourself doing illegal things online, in fact, you probably shouldn't even have pictures or video of yourself doing things illegal.

I think I have more to say about this, but can't put it together in words just yet.

Well it really doesn't surprise me that this has now been happening.

As the Internet gets bigger certain sites and services stick out and its going on the massively popular sites that cause problems.

I mean, I have nothing to hide when it comes to posting things on the Internet, if I have a few secrets I really dont mind others looking, but when it comes to slating people and being found out, they get exactly what they deserve.

When it comes to breaking the law then yes I think its all well deserved. But when it comes to free opinion there should be no problems with this. It just seems like the guilty parties are just trying to hide their blushes. But soon people will get wise to this and they'll be the ones looking like *****s at the end of the day.

I'd like to address the the question is this Big Brother (BB)? No it's not. My definition of BB is when you are being spied on. This does not only mean phone taping and laser microphones aimed at your windows. It can include any deliberate effort to gather information on you for potential use against you in the future. (this does not include the offical investigation of law enforcement agent(s). The police by definition are required to be BB while investigating a person's possible connection in a crime). Examples of BB would be: collecting phone call records, bank statements, credit card activity and other activity we all do and must do to carry out our day to day lives.

With that being said, posting your info/pictures of yourself in illegal acts is completely voluntary and deliberate self act. The defence that "it's free speech" or "it's only meant for other members"(i.e. not parents or authority etc) is no defence at all. Posting it in a public website is no different then blabbing off around the water cooler in the office about what an @#$% your boss is. Why not out at the corner bar AFTER work? If another employee overheard this, they have the right to inform the boss of your actions and behaviour if they so choose.

So yeah!, they got what was coming to them shell I say. A public forum is just that, Public. Watch what you say at the office photocopier and at the golf course on Saturday and maybe this world would be a better place.

Back