Bios/Mobo Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just built a new machine using p5wd2 asus motherboard. Using dual core 3.4 ghz, 2 gig ddr-2 ram.

The problem is that some how the bios keeps getting altered upon reboot from its default settings, and I have to hit f2 to reset bios to default after every reboot.

The error is gives is something like overclock failed. Which I have not attempted to overclock the machine at all. I want it to run its default bios, and keep it that way. Some how this is not happening, and I am forced to hit f2 every reboot.

I downloaded and successfully flashed the bios to latest version, on its own ez-flash reboot, I had to hit f2 in order for bios to load and go to windows.

Im concerned this is some flaw in the motherboard.

Every part for this machine is brand new, just built it 2 days ago and have been fighting this problem ever since. Video card and power supply have both been verified as not a problem.

Basically losing bios settings every reboot. tried pulling battery, didnt help. I can try a new battery, but its a brand new mobo. So not sure what else could cause bios to forget or mess its settings every reboot.

It could have been a bad flash. corruption in the bios will cause it to reset every boot.

The flash was an attempt to fix the problem with the default bios in the first place. Ive flashed it twice, both stating it was done successfully..however again on reboot..bios settings are screwed and say something like overclock failed. When no overclocking has been done. F2 on every reboot to reset defaults and machine then loads and works fine.

I havent replaced the cmos battery with a new one, as this is a brand new board. But most of the fixes I find for this problem, are based on old battery, and bios forgetting its settings.

This is not forgetting its settings, its becoming corrupted every reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back