Bios Password Problum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I set a password on my Bios witch will make me input it before it will load up windows XP. I went and restarted, and when I tryed to input it, it would n't take any input. I DO know my Keyboard is working, due to the fact when I hit the Up Arror Key, or Down one, it beeps. It will not take Numbers, letters, or anything. I tryed caps on, Num lock on and both off.

I really need to know what to do, cause I don't feel like spending $58 to get it fixed at Geek Squad.

I got a Dell Deminstion(Spelling?) 3000. Pentium 4 Processor. Forgot what Bios version... I think like... AO7 or something?

Well, when I went to Geek Squad, they said the only way I could fix it would possiable put the PC at risk. So... I don't know. The Keyboard works fine.

WHat do you mean? I don't know what it means to clear that. And how can i boot it up with out the password? Its in the Bios, and it won't even let me fill it IN. Thats the problum.

take the BIOS battery out of the MB for at least 5 min. then put it back in and try to boot. do u have a manual, if u check that it will give u some jumpers to move that will put the BIOS back like it came as (default).

Already tryed that little battery thing. It didn't work. And I can't even find a single Manuel, witch sucks. I have looked at my MoBo but I can't see anything to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back