Bios update fails all ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a motherboard from Intel D915gvwb with the intel 915 express family chipset.
When new I had bios WB91X10J.388 then shortly afterwards I upgraded to the now persistant WB91X10J.0400.2004.0922.0935 which I now seem unable to upgrade any further.

I have used all methods from express, Iflash and recovery. Have tried all versions from 388 to 1307 and 1319.
removed the bios jumper and remover the battery but still I cannot change the Bios.

Is it me!! or can anyne help I am stuck.

There is only one clue I can give in that when using the Iflash method the screen gives a message that it cannot access and update the CMOS it does seem to be locked in.

I also cannot find the Bios version 0400 to see what that did exactly.

Any help appreciated.

As you probably know, the next version listed after 0388 is 0735 and under its Release Notes it states:

"Known Errata:
• When using IFlash to update from version WB0665 or earlier to version WB0690 or greater, you must use the ‘/rb’ command line switch to successfully update the FIOS. The ‘/rb’ command forces system restart during flash update process."

I'm not familiar with IFlash so I'm not sure what it means but there it is. I hope it helps.

/rb switch message

Yes I read this as well but it does not define the syntax or where you use the switch or what executable it belongs to. so it is not very helpful

I have tried attaching the /rb swith to the sw.exe executable line in the batch file but that fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back