'Black Holes' aren't holes at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleel

Los Alamos researcher says, 'black holes' aren't holes at all
http://www.lanl.gov/worldview/news/releases/archive/02-035.shtml
James Rickman LOS ALAMOS, N.M., April 21, 2002
Researchers from the U.S. Department of Energy's Los Alamos National Laboratory and the University of South Carolina presented a new explanation for black holes at the American Physical Society annual meeting in Albuquerque, N.M.

...a hypothesis that "black holes" in space are not holes at all, but instead are more akin to bubbles.

According to [traditional] black hole theory, the matter from these dying stars occupies a tiny amount of space — a mere pinpoint — and creates a mind-boggling gravitational field so powerful that nothing can escape, not even light.

The researchers' explanation redefines black holes not as "holes" in space where matter and light inexplicably disappear into another dimension, but rather as spherical voids surrounded by an extremely durable form of matter never before experienced on Earth... call the extraordinary objects Gravastars.

...believe that dying stars collapse to the "Event Horizon" — in essence the point of no return for objects entering the gravitational field of a black hole. At this point, the matter in the dying star transforms to a new state of matter that forms a Gravastar. According to the two researchers, the dying star's matter creates an ultra-thin, ultra-cold, ultra-dark shell of material that is virtually indestructible. The new form of gravitational energy in the interior is akin to a Bose-Einstien condensate, although it appears on the inside to be a bubble of vacuum, hence the term Gra (vitational) Va (cuum) Star, or Gravastar.

mind boggling

So if these "bubbles" keep absorbing all matter, then hypothetically they could consume the known universes and each other, until there is nothing left to absorb, whereby it (cos there would only be one left) would then have no matter outside itself and thus would have start absorbing itself, and possibly become a "big bang" and renew all matter, cos energy/matter is constant, and it can't just disappear. E'en tho it may take an uncountable span of time.

i feel the pull of the black hole on me now, its hard to type because im getting sucked away from my keyboa.... AHHHHH

Re: mind boggling

Originally posted by DogStar
So if these "bubbles" keep absorbing all matter, then hypothetically they could consume the known universes and each other, until there is nothing left to absorb, whereby it (cos there would only be one left) would then have no matter outside itself and thus would have start absorbing itself, and possibly become a "big bang" and renew all matter, cos energy/matter is constant, and it can't just disappear. E'en tho it may take an uncountable span of time.

Actually, if you watch the news, mathematicians have recently theorised that this is perhaps the case: that there is no "beginning" of time, so to speak, and that eternity has been characterised by a constant, infinite stream of "big bangs" and "contraction" again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again over eternity...

In this model, time never began and will never end. Its a constant stream, folding round in a circle of eternity. No beginning. No end.

Perhaps, in a trillion, trillion, years, the atoms of space and time will come together again in exactly the same manner, and I will be sitting here again, typing this same message....

Actually, if you watch the news, mathematicians have recently theorised that this is perhaps the case: that there is no "beginning" of time, so to speak, and that eternity has been characterised by a constant, infinite stream of "big bangs" and "contraction" again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again over eternity...

Cool :grinthumb

In this model, time never began
And I reckon that"s where the "meaning of life" conundrum comes into it. It is a staggering thought.

Probably each and every big bang recreates the universe in the same way (i.e. there is still a planet Earth, still an Andromeda galaxy, still a crab nebula, etc, etc... ) but there is probably just one or two subtle differences each time....

probably just one or two subtle differences each time....
(must learn how to "Quoted by....")
Bit like now, that the G'ment now needs the tax on it.I'm yakkin' 'bout the research on the jeans((sic)(what the x does sic mean anywayz?))
All I'm sayin' is that for each new "bubble" (this really blows my mind as when you think about it its like it goes on on on on on ....as stated by P66) it's the same bubble, but different as the (dare I say) the DNA has progressed?(so to say)

Originally posted by DogStar
(must learn how to "Quoted by....")
Bit like now, that the G'ment now needs the tax on it.I'm yakkin' 'bout the research on the jeans((sic)(what the x does sic mean anywayz?))
All I'm sayin' is that for each new "bubble" (this really blows my mind as when you think about it its like it goes on on on on on ....as stated by P66) it's the same bubble, but different as the (dare I say) the DNA has progressed?(so to say)

stay off the drugs! ;)

(only kidding.... ;) )

Please repeat what you said a little more clearly because it sounds interesting but I don't know exactly what you mean...

Neil Diamond

erm, all of it.
Listen to the above mentiioned(I am...thru pc...really loud....with a Vibra128....luv it)
Well I said, after unc
and cabrone says "i feel the pull of the black hole on me now, its hard to type because im getting sucked away from my keyboa.... AHHHHH" and you said "Actually, if you watch the news, mathematicians have recently theorised that this is perhaps the case: that there is no "beginning" of time, so to speak, and that eternity has been characterised by a constant, infinite stream of "big bangs" and "contraction" again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again over eternity...

In this model, time never began and will never end. Its a constant stream, folding round in a circle of eternity. No beginning. No end.

Perhaps, in a trillion, trillion, years, the atoms of space and time will come together again in exactly the same manner, and I will be sitting here again, typing this same message...."
And we all went on from there.:)
But maybe it's like life "as we know it". Because when (you think 'bout it we don't know jacksxxt.) and I'm lost now...hehehe...but...I believe we all know in our own "soul" what is and what will be..as it is...but we deny ourselves the "it".
I remember as a child of 3-5yrs (the time it occured) of sleeping at night , but freaming of flying(actually being there and feeling each and all of the feelings) and it was cool!! but I digress once again...so forgive me.

p.s. yes i mean freaming...wtf is freaming...i meant dreaming

what i said
what i said...hehehe.is this what u call prequote?
Listening to AccaDacca now:grinthumb
But to the point , how do we know?
I have an idea, but it only suits the hardcores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back