Black screen issue with Gateway FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strange issue with a Gateway FX Ultimate Gaming machine..

When the customer brought it in it would black screen on initial boot up multiple times, after removing the wireless usb device for his mouse it worked. I still decided to run diagnostics on it and it would only show video if I removed all components except HD and 1 stick of ram. HD and Mem test pass.. Stress test @ 50% passes for multiple hours, @ 55% it black screens after 1 min.. After that I put a new stick of ram in even tho they passed and it would still black screen @ 55%

I do get 2-3 beeps at beginning of boot up only when computer is black screened.

any thoughts are appreciated
thank you in advanced

We need to know more about the computer... model, age, configuration, etc...
And more detail on the beeps and beep codes will tell us a lot.

Model: P-7811FX

As for the condition the customer said there has never been any physical damage and I don't see any signs of such, but heat is another issue so always possible with a laptop like this. The heat sink has absolutely no signs of over heating

I have swapped out the CPU with an untested one and I get NO video and NO beeps ever no matter what configuration I have with the original and new components..

the beeps are 90% the same every time they come up

beep . beep beep

very similar to that always 1-3 though and I cannot for the life of me find beep codes for this model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back