Black Screen

alexAL93

Hello everyone and greetings from Greece.
First of all here are my specs

Motherboard Gigabyte 970 Gaming
CPU AMD FX-8370
GPU 4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 380x Series (XFX Pine Group)
RAM 32,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
OP.Syst. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

So I have this gaming pc for 1 year and 2-3 months.
And I have over 2 months a problem. At random times my screen will go black screen my mouse will turn off and my keyboard goes off. My tower tho works, I mean my LED's working I hear the cooling system working just fine but it wont let me do anything on it...I cant even close the pc from the on / off button..not even restart. I have left it like this (black screen) for over 5 hours in hope that it would fix alone but nothing. Only solution is to cut the power off so I can turn it on again.
This problem doesnt occur only when gaming, it is random, other time I was doing work on Microsoft Word and it just froze again, or while watching movie....
Any ideas?
Please help me out community I am desperate
And sorry for my poor english I hope you understood my problem

Last edited:
Is there any change which correlates to the onset of the issue?

There are many 'fixes', but some cost more and take more effort and fail to improve things. Therefore I suggest taking easy/cheap steps first.

Make a full backup. (in case of a mess-up or catastrophic fail)

Download and run memtest86 overnight on 'continuous' mode. (RAM can do funny stuff)

Remove and reconnect all connectors. (light corrosion can mess up timing, etc)

Start and put it into one of the BIOS screens (no software loaded) and leave it overnight. (no loaded software to see if hardware is 'ok')

If you have another HDD/SSD, consider loading Windows7 fresh on this to see if problem stops.

Try bluescreenview to see if any information recorded in a dump.

Examine motherboard and video card under strong light and magnification.

Until we can trick this problem into appearing regularly, the best we can do is smother in little fixes.

I forgot to say that everytime it happens and I have to "kill it" by switching the power off manually that I am losing ALL my saves (from games) my settings I am losing my adblocks from my browser.
also in event history there doesnt seem to be any major problem except this one which I think is from pluging it out from electricity

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-05-04T11:49:30.429608600Z" />
<EventRecordID>269933</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Alex-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

and I dont know about this error but I dont think that it has to do anything with my problem

//./root/CIMV2
SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99
0x80041003

<EventID>41</EventID> is usually just to report the power had to be turned off and restarted. Look at the errors immediately preceding for clues to what caused the power fail.

Also check Reliability History

Yeah its my cause of plugging out the pc from power to start it again. you know about the other error tho?
I mean this one 0x80041003
Reliability history dont show anything :'(:'(:'(

***UPDATE***
a friend of mine told me to run sfc /scannow
I runned it and it said that no problems found:'(:'(

Back