Blank Screen on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi hopefully someone can help me with this.

i have a Mitac 7521T - laptop with windows xp the laptop was working fine and shut down the night before when i put the laptop on the next day the screen was blank like nothing on it at all.

the laptop turns on the light comes on and i can hear the fan turning..... the cd/dvd drive wont open.

i have removed the battery for 2 days and then put it back in and the same thing but what i noticed is the laptop will only work as above from the power lead it doesnt start from the battery at all.

i have tried connecting my LCD screen from my PC to the laptop and that hasnt made any difference.

is there any method of repair or is it for the bin i bought the laptop reconditioned and it worked fine for over a year running xp playing games internet etc.

Any help would be great but please take note of my username i,m know next no nothing about repairing/upgrading or anything like that.

Thanks.

Remove the battery and power lead
Hold down the power button (on the laptop) for 30 Secs
Re-insert the power lead only
Turn on

If it works, consider purchasing a new battery

my laptop is powering on the light is on for power the fan is running the battery is now holding a charge and the laptop is staying on with just battery power the screen will not light up its blank and theres no sound if i hit or hold keys etc (Ctrl Alt Del) etc and the cd/dvd drive wont open i checked that topic above and i seem to have already tried most queries on it my power adapter is working my battery is now working and charging...............the laptop is turning on green light the fan is spinning just the screen doesnt light up and i have tried using an external lcd monitor which didnt work and also tried shining a bright light onto the screen to see if i could see anything on the screen nothing showed up.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I don't think it's the screen, as it's basically not powering up (POSTing) at all.

You will need to:
Detach any externals (hopefully already done ie mouse; Printer...)
Reseat you Ram (referring to your manual)
Possibly reseat the CPU (this can be a tad difficult, ie you need to remove covers, and apply new thermal paste)
Check or reconnect or internal connections (also check for loose screws)

Here is a good technical Manual http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=22168
Which can be used to confirm the real internal electronics.

Or get a qualified tech to pull it apart (safely)

Reseat you Ram (referring to your manual)
Possibly reseat the CPU (this can be a tad difficult, ie you need to remove covers, and apply new thermal paste)
Check or reconnect or internal connections (also check for loose screws)

There is nothing connected to the laptop externally at all.

i will try everything i can you have suggested though my knowledge is limited as i mentioned above.......................... if all else fails i will take it too a Latop repair shop it just seems strange that it worked perfectly well the night before and the next day the blank screen etc.

thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back