Blue Screen Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a laptop that restarts on its own periodically. I know very little about computers so I am very confused with all of this. My computer will, on occasion, blink to a blue screen while in the middle of working. The Blue screen doesnt last long enough for me to read anything on it. I have run a virus scan, deleted unused and un neccessary programs. I have updated my virus software and removed new software that I thought may be the issue. I have a process monitor and when I used it I saw the following:

11:46 Explorer.exe 1508 RegQueryValue HKLM\SysteCurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Linkage\Bind Buffer Overflow Length 144

11:46 Explorer.exe 1508 RegQueryValue HKLM\SysteCurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Linkage\Bind Buffer Overflow Length 144

11:46 Explorer.exe 1508 RegQueryValue HKLM\SysteCurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Linkage\Bind Success Desired Access Read

Followed by 14 versions of ...

11:46 Explorer.EXE 1508 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\ServiceTcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{7a0a6924-95b4-4b62-8214-9baeedef5a49} Success desired access: read

the other version have different numbers until it starts over....this is repeated over and over in seconds.

I have used process monitor on my other computer and I have never seen it do this same thing. Anyone have any ideas? I dont know if this information has anything at all to do with the Blue screen that I get. The screen isnt even up long enough for me to read anything on it to get an idea of what caused it. Anyone have any ideas? Please Advise.

-Rouen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back