Blue screen followed by... nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure anybody will be able to solve this by just telling me what to do, but here goes....

I lifted my PC up to free the trapped mouse wire underneath, and as i did this, the PC ever so slightly banged into the wall at the side, and i mean 'ever so slightly', it was like a little tap. But then the BSOD came up and said Widows was closing to prevent further damage...Then a physical memory dump, then complete.... So i turned the PC off and turned it back on....Nothing, the PC turns on, but the screen won't respond to it, as though the PC is just turned off..... Anyone got any clues, or is my PC basically knackered?

Thanks, Matt

Well, I would first check that there are no loose wires =)
You mentioned lifting your PC - you're referring to your CPU right?

yes it was the CPU, and ive checked for loose wires in the back and actually inside the CPU and nothing seems to be out of the ordianry, i have however noticed that the fan semms to be running alot louder and constantly, dunno why =/...

I have a guy coming round on saturday to look at my mum's laptop so i guess if i can't get this fixed before then i'll let him have a look at him, but i think it's time for a new PC to be honest.

Thanks, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back