Blue Screen of Death on Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, my friend gave me warcraft 3 to play along with him through LAN and for some reason through the game my laptop will BSOD and restart automatically almost every time. It appears to do it when there is alot happening in the game but don't know if this is a coincidence as it sometimes happens randomly. My computer isn't too old, a couple of years, but it has been completely wiped recently so doesn't have much on it and has been given a bigger hard drive and more RAM.
I have played on my own, without LAN, and it will still most of the time BSOD. I don't really know the specs of my laptop, I can find out if neccessary, but what I do have are the minidump files.
If you could look through them and help that would be excellent! Any help is welcome!
Thanks,
Kinggy

P.S. These are just four, there are around 16. If more is needed please let me know.

Attachments

• Mini012110-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 6
  • Mini012610-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini012610-02.dmp
  • Mini012610-03.dmp
Try this: Go to your laptop manufacturer's website and update their latest drivers for your particular model. We often see gaming issues that you describe as a driver issue especially since it only appears to be happening while gaming.

* get back to us with the results. If it persists after updating I or someone else will read your minidumps for you.

Is there any particular driver update I need? Sorry about this, I'm not brilliant with computers, write essays on them and thats about it! I have provided the details of my laptop here if they help.
Thanks

I have found out that my laptop is an Advent T1 PC, the specs are:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU
T2310 @ 1.46GHz
1.46 GHz, 1.49 GB of RAM

In cases like yours people do one of two things: a) update all drivers or b) as in your case update video drivers. Point a may be the better idea.

I justed played a game, but this time I turned the automatic restart when blue screen appears. It obviously blue screened whilst playing and the error seems to be the standard 0x8E and RtkHDAud.sys problem which people have seen and you have helped with. I understand this is a RealTek High Definition Audio problem so I would need to update it, and now thats where my problem is. I don't know which version to get; however I have tried to download some versions which look appropriate but eachtime they say it's downloaded even though it has only completed say 10%, so not surprisingly I cannot open the downloaded files.
I'm probably the most pathetic person on here in terms of knowledge! Sorry for being a pain! Any help again, much appreciated. Cheers

When it comes to updating drivers in a pre-built system such as yours the majority of the time the best recourse is download and install from your manufacture's website rather than going directly to RealTek directly. Download the latest version for your particular system.

Edit Update: All four minidump errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware though sometimes they can be due to faulty drivers and in your case all four point to the Real Tech driver RtkHDAud.sys.

Cheers mate. Thanks for your help. There appear to be no updates for my Realtek HD, its an ALC883 version 5.10.0.5433 if you know of any updates?! Bit stuck from here, any clues? Thanks alot for your help by the way! Even if it can't be fixed I atleast no the problem.

P.S. I have been on the advent website (my laptop being an Advent 9117) and the Realtek website (and many others) but to no avail. Thought I'd let you know that I am trying and not just asking you to do all the work!

Excellent! :grinthumb Please tell us what and how you did this. It could help others in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back