Blue screen of death

Aarathi Ganga

Can anyone help me to find out wht z the actual problem that causes the bluescreen error in my laptop?
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF880042ED2F4
BCP3: FFFFF8800263F788
BCP4: FFFFF8800263EFF0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Hello,

Please attach after zipping five (5) latest dumps from C:\windows\minidump folder. What is the make/model of this notebook?

Zipped minidump file

I attached the zipped minidump file..cn u plz help me nw?

Attachments

• Minidump.7z
    97.5 KB · Views: 10
Inspiron N5010 comes with many different configurations .... anyway, all of your crashes has been caused by your notebook's Broadcom wireless adapter driver (bcmwl664.sys).

I would advise you to uninstall the current set of Broadcom drivers, then download the latest WHQL drivers from Dell's site and install them, hopefully that may resolve the issue.

By the way are you using Connectify?

No deleting it is not the right thing to do. As I said you need to uninstall the driver.

Please follow these steps:

Right click on Computer
In the left Panel click on 'Device Manager'
Scroll down to Network Adaprters

You should see your Broadcom wireless adapter listed there, Right Click on it
In the Appearing Box, click on the Driver Tab
At the left bottom you will see 'Uninstall', click on it to uninstall it

Then reboot your system, and proceed to Dell's site for downloading the latest version of drivers for your wireless adapter.

i uninstalled broadcom virtual wireless adapter.....shld i uninstall other drivers there like bluetooth device(personal area network),bluetooth device(RFCOMM protocol TDI),DW1501 wireless-N WLAN HALF MINI CARD and microsoft virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

No you don't need to uninstall every other driver. You only needed to uninstall broadcom wireless adapter driver.

If you look at the bottom of your notebook, you should be able to find exact model number of your notebook e.g. N5010-xx or something like that, it will help me locate drivers for your laptop.

Well here is the link for all the drivers for your notebook, keep it hand for any future reference.

(Note: p10f001 is your service tag)

You can't connect with your notebook to your wifi network as your WLAN adapter is not working atm.

By the way have your system crash since you uinstalled the old driver ?

Please download your Wireless LAN Adapter driver from the above link (listed in network section) and install it. I think (provided your notebook have the broadcom adapter) driver with #4313 probably applies to your notebook.

no it didnt crash til now....can i download this network adpater to some another notebook(my friend's) and install it in my computer...

Yes you can download these drivers from another computer, then copy them on a USB stick and install it on your notebook.

i installed wireless WLAN half minicard....now i am getting wifi but when i checked in device manager it is again broadcom adapter,wil it agn cause BSODs..hopes it wont:(

Well because you have broadcom wireless lan adapter, it will always tell you that in device manager.

Back