Blue screen on startup, after installing new driver for gts 250 e-green edition

hey guys, i'm having quite trouble here. i recently bought gts 250 for replacement for my 9500gt. i uninstalled previous driver and had put the gts 250 on the slot. it works fine, it boots and starts without problems. but when i install the drivers included in the cd and the one i downloaded,the bluescreen appears on the welcome screen. just bluescreen sometime it is black,nothing typed in it like "0x00000eac" and such. i tried disabling onboard gpu on device manager but it still the same.i uninstalled the drivers in safe mode and i can start windows like normal..i tried putting back 95gt and installing its drivers and it works. any help how i can make gts work? i'm seriously getting hopeless.

Try this...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install the new downloaded video card drivers -- not the ones on the CD.

how do i stop win7 from auto installing drivers? everytime i uninstall the driver and the next time i boot up it auto install drivers again. i tried stopping it through gpedit.msc but it still auto install drivers.

You should uninstall the driver from Programs and Features, not the Device Manager.

already did what route44 said but still the same bluescreen again. maybe the card was defective? i don't really know.

Back