Blue Screen problem - XP media center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics suddenly started being extremely slow to update until it finally gave in. I now get a bluescreen error "non page" or the likes whenever i try and boot up.

Four errors are 0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Three times the Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll was cited and the other one is Nvidia driver nv4_mini.sys.

The remaining error is an 0x8E and these are almost always due to hardware issues and sometimes driver issues. The driver cited is, again, nv4_disp.dll.

* It would be helpful if you could give us your system specs along with what video card your have, plus how old your system is. See if an uninstall/reinstalling of your video card drivers helps. If it doesn't then update your drivers.

Also, check your fan and see if it is working plus see if your card is set firmly in its slot. With the 0x8E error there might be the possibility of video card hardware issues.

i190.photobucket.com/albums/z304/silentdeathzz/cpu.jpg
i190.photobucket.com/albums/z304/silentdeathzz/RAm.jpg
Videocard ; nvidia 7950gx2
System is a couple of years old now i think

Okay, did your try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers that came with your card? Also, is the fan working on your card?

Check also to see if your card is stiing firmly in its slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back