Blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

momsgonelooney

i just had comp. reformated ( by the geek squad) i installed bitdefender, adaware, spybot s&d, spywarebalster. i installed my all my other programs i use on a regular basis such as dl manager, limewire, burning programs, and games. everything was working fine until, this morning. i left limewire on to dl some stuff and wen i check on it this morning, i had a blue screen talking about, windows encountered a problem and it had to shut down to save itself, something about minidumps. i'm not sure wat to do or if there is any program i need to dl to help me. plzz help. ty

Minidumps are found in C:\windows\minidump

Note: you have had many security issues in many previous posts, I suspect that all would possibly be due to programs like limewire.

Limewire is a file sharing program, ie you download shared files from other users computers. Be aware that this can be dangerous, as you can easily download Virus or Spyware.

If you decide to continue with Limewire (unattended downloading throughout the entire night) I do not believe that support members can continue to help you, because cleaning your computer would be counter productive (it'll just happen again and again)

Consider running Linux (live CDs, which are free) And downloading to a Flash drive or something.

srry it took me so long to get back to u....i haven't ran limewire since i posted and i still get the screen once in a while. i checked and can't find the minidump file were u posted it should be.

It is possible not to receive a MiniDump, if your computer shutdown before one could be generated, like in a crash scenario. Or if it wasn't a BSOD (blue screen) fault, in the first place.

The strange thing about Limewire is that you are not safe from this file sharing until you actually uninstall it (through Add/Remove programs) Some users (including Limewire and even tech boards) suggest that Limewire is safe to use. But in reality, it's not the program itself but the actual files that you are trying to download (or upload from your computer), that are the real concern.

I would suggest that you do all your MS Security updates online, and re-confirm all your drivers are up to date (by going to your manufactures support page)

And generally, Surf Safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back