Bluescreen

Adamking

Hello,
Today I got a computer to work on from somebody; they wanted me to just clear up space, make it run more smoothly, etc. and I've encountered a Bluescreen Error.

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information about the problem:
BCCode: 7a
BCP1: C0540668
BCP2: C0000185
BCP3: 4AC968C0
BCP4: A80CD00C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack 1_0
Product 256_1

It would only happen in a few instances and it was because of a few things: Running a virus scanner (Avast!) and then I tried using a different one (Windows Defender) and it still persisted. After about 10 minutes of either, It would instantly shut down the computer. It only gave me that error when I rebooted into safe mode, not in normal startup.
And then I noticed by using Windows Disk Defragmenter, it had a 1% fragmented percentage when was analyzed, attempted to defrag and on the 7th or so cycle, it shut down.

I've attatched a zip file of two minidumps and my Misinfo32
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    164.2 KB · Views: 4
They don't have an OS disk and I can't use my own for it because my disk is a 64bit, otherwise, I would have already. That's why I'm trying to figure a way around it. I'm hoping someone can read minidump files and tell me exactly is the issue of the crashing.

If the computers CPU is only 32 bit capable you can't install a Windows 64 bit version. If the CPU was 64-bit you could install Windows 32-bit on it. Get the idea? The minidump points to a driver fault, but it doesn't say what driver. Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

I knew that already :p Especially for being the fact that it only has 1.5 gigs of ram. It'd be like a warm burrito, not that I have nothing against burritos but preferably not inside a computer. :D
If it's a driver than that certainly narrows it down, however, there is no yellow signal signs in it. But I will update all the drivers that claims to have new ones available and report back.

Back