Boot error-- no GRLDR

Hello, I need to get this fixed asap in order to get some files I need urgently, help tonight would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the situation:

I have windows 7 (64 bit) and Ubuntu 12.04 (64bit) installed on my laptop. Upon installing windows 7, the ubuntu boot menu disappeared, and I tried to fix this using a variety of software. Long story short, I'm not sure what I've done, but the computer wont boot any longer.

Here is what the output looks like:
-------------------
Try (hd0,0) FAT16: No GRLDR
Try (hd0,1): Invalid or null
Try (hd0,2): This partition is ntfs but with unknown boot record. Please install Microsoft NTFS boot sectors to this partition correctly, or create an FAT12/16/32 partition and place the same copy of GRLDR and MENU.LST there*
Try (hd0,3): Extended:
Try (hd0,4): non-ms: skip
Try (hd0,5): Extended:
Try (hd0,5: EXT2:*
----------------------
* 1) I cannot type at all. Nothing I can do on the keyboard changes this screen.
* 2) I believe that windows is on partition (hd0,2)
------------------------
I tried using my ubuntu live boot USB go fix this problem; I downloaded ubuntu from the main website, and used UNbootin to boot the ISO. It works on other computers.

Here is the output that comes out when I insert the USB:
------------------------------
Try (hd0,0): This partition is ntfs but with unknown boot record. Please install Microsoft NTFS boot sectors to this partition correctly, or create an FAT12/16/32 partition and place the same copy of GRLDR and MENU.LST there.
Try (hd0,1): Invalid or null
Try (hd0,2): Invalid or null
Try (hd0,3): Invalid or null
Try (hd1,0) FAT16: No GRLDR
Try (hd1,1): Invalid or null
Try (hd1,2): This partition is ntfs but with unknown boot record. Please install Microsoft NTFS boot sectors to this partition correctly, or create an FAT12/16/32 partition and place the same copy of GRLDR and MENU.LST there
Try (hd1,3): Extended:
Try (hd1,4): non-ms: skip
Try (hd1,5): Extended:
Try (hd1,5: EXT2:*
-----------------------------------------
*Again, I cannot type or do anything to change the screen.
----------------------------------------
When I tried entering a blank usb in order to get into the grub rescue options, whenever I try to ls one of the partitions on my drive, I get this message : error, unknown filesystem.

Please help, I need to get this sorted asap.

Back