Brand new 2x GTX 560 Ti in SLI, causes my system to go nuts

Hey guys
I just recently upgraded from gtx 260 in sli to two 560 ti in sli
I also received nvidia 3d vision and the acer 28in 3d monitor.

I uninstalled the previous drivers, plugged the two cards in, downloaded the drivers for the card and the 3d vision, starting off no problems,

about 10 min into a game my system gives me a BSOD
after reboot I notice that my hard drive and cd drive are listed as removable devices.
now my system will not stay on for more than a few min.

I ran system restore, plugged back the gtx 260 and started from scratch putting one in at a time and it seems to be lasting a bit longer now

however recently it has started up again for no reason

I am attaching my mini dump files.

Any help with this would be appreciated because I have 15 days left to RMA the cards. I wanted to post this before I ran memtest just to make sure my ram is okay.

system specs

intel core 2 quad cpu q6700
800w psu
4g of sli ready ram
3x monitors - 2x 32 inch and 1x 28

Attachments

• Mini101011-01.dmp
    156.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini101211-01.dmp
  • Mini101211-02.dmp
Did you try to use a single 560 with the old monitor, without changing anything else to see if that gives you a BSOD? If so, try the other card separately and see if it happens.

yes when I use one of the cards I get BSOD a lot less frequency than when i use them together. each card gave similiar bsod frequency but together, in sli or not, they cause a lot more. I do have some more mini dumps on my desktop at home which I can upload if that can help you diagnosis this.

Back