Breaking Bad movie starring Aaron Paul to premiere on Netflix in October

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Bottom line: Many, including Paul, believed the world of Breaking Bad had been put to rest when the series finale aired. Indeed, one of the best traits of the show was the fact that it didn’t drag the story out unnecessarily just to make more money. A film that continues the story is a bit risky but coming from Gilligan, the hope is that it does the series justice.

Netflix on Saturday announced that it is working on a sequel feature film that continues where Breaking Bad left off nearly six years ago.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie follows Jesse Pinkman’s (Aaron Paul) pursuit of freedom after escaping from his captors with the help of Walter White (Bryan Cranston) in the final episode of the series. If you recall, Pinkman drove off in an El Camino, hence the name of the upcoming film.

Thus far, only Pinkman and one of his friends, Skinny Pete (Charles Baker), have been confirmed as cast members.

According to The New York Times, the new film was written and directed by Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad. It will premiere on Netflix on October 11 but will eventually also air on AMC, the network that originally served as the home of Breaking Bad.

In an interview with the Times, Paul said the film was a chapter of Breaking Bad that he didn’t realize he wanted. “And now that I have it, I’m so happy that it’s there.”

Paul, meanwhile, has been staying busy since his Breaking Bad days and is set to star in the upcoming third season of HBO’s Westworld scheduled to air in 2020.

Permalink to story.

The one show with the perfect length and a good ending couldn't resist the cash grab. Shame.

I though the whole motto was having a set amount of seasons/episodes and sticking to it so as not to compromise the show's quality for monetary gain, like so many other formerly great shows have done by milking the number of seasons.

I guess some exec is willing to sacrifice the show's purity for short term gain. Walter White would NOT be pleased.

OK, I'll bite ..... exactly how is this considered some technical information or achievement? Did I miss the memo of this site being replaced with Entertainment Tonight???

Season 1 - 4 of Breaking Bad were great but season 5 felt rushed and I didn't like the ending at all, Jessy should have never betrayed Walt.....

OK, I'll bite ..... exactly how is this considered some technical information or achievement? Did I miss the memo of this site being replaced with Entertainment Tonight???
"Tech Culture" - TechSpot's general catch-all tag. I wonder, too.

Yeah Netflix!

I can't wait. I have been catching up on The Path on Hulu. It's not bad, and Aaron is awesome (as usual), but to find out what happened to Jessie post-BB? I cannot wait to see how this all turns out.

Back