Broadband Wireless Router Problem Connecting to the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranwo

Hope you can help me, My brother has a D Link Modem Router and a wireless connection to his PC in the spare room. Everything was working fine, set up was good and he had access to the internet not a problem, however his phone company informed him of work that was going to be done to the phone line, and that he would not be able to take phone calls for a day.When the work had been completed. he tried to access the internet but no joy. I have looked at his set up with regards to the wireless broadband connection, everything is as it was before the line was worked on. He asked his phone company to check the broadband connection to his house they said all was ok, however he still cannot access the internet. His PC screen comes up with dialling error, I have rechecked all settings and the ADSL has been changed for a new one in case that was the problem. All settings on the PC are as per the set up required but his PC still will not access the internet.
Please can someone help and point me in the right direction, as I may be missing something here.
Many Thanks if you can It would be very much appreciated
Regards
Dave

FIRST, use a wired connection to the modem to be sure the modem and ISP
are working together.

While connected in this manner, access the config page (using the routers address)
and verify the wireless setup;

radio on
ssid broadcast
channel #
encryption off​
Save the config.

Now try the wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back