BSOD 1000007e, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frnzeeh

Ok well I keep getting blue screens its ok if I listen to music, watch a film etc but if I try playing a game after about 30 minutes it will blue screen or crash the game. So if anyone could help I would be so grateful thanks in advance

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88004020F00
BCP3: FFFFF88002E266A8
BCP4: FFFFF88002E25F10
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    131.7 KB · Views: 1
Nothing was definitively cited in your dumps as a probable cause. However, when we see BSODs occuring linked to gaming many times it is due to a video card driver or two. So try the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Hmmm, are the freezes still only occuring when gaming or at other times as well? Check to see if your video card fan is functioning properly.

OK I under-clocked my CPU back to default 2.4 (Q6600) seems to have stopped the crashing at least I hope

OK I under-clocked my CPU back to default 2.4 (Q6600) seems to have stopped the crashing at least I hope

Overclocking has been known to cause your type of issues. If I had known you had oc'ed I would have suggested that you ease back to see if you gain stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back