BSOD and freezing while playing games

DanneWalker

my computer gets bluescreen randomly when playing. it happens in almost every game, even games like TES: oblivion crashes. many games like GTAsan andreas just freezes and stays that way for infinte time or until I shut down the computer. the computer can handle games like skyrim without lagging at all. but instead this happens. I think it be my computer overheating or something.

any help for me?

Here is a simple test to determine if it is indeed a heat issue. Open your side panel and remove it. Place a small fan and on low setting have it blow into your system. Now play the games that cause your issue. What are the results?

Also, if there is dust build up then clean the dust out using a can of condensed air. Spray the air in burst no closer than 6 inches. DO NOT TURN THE CAN OVER. Keep it upright. Clean your cpu and especially your video card fan.

* Keep us updated.

so I can like send it in for service? at some store or something? maybe ill do that but im considering buying a new computer soon

Yes, if you have friends who can recommend a good computer repair service, that would be your best option

Another thought on the heat issue...
HWInfo32 is a great little utility that will report whether your CPU is operating within spec (a green OK "flag")
While programs like Everest and Speedfan will give you even more information.
I am wondering if it really is temperature related though. This would help you to check.
If you have an itch to get new hardware, that is one thing,
but I would not assume (yet) that this computer is ready to discard.

Back