BSOD at least once per day

quanzi

I've been having BSOD once or twice per day for the last ten days. I can force it to happen by opening some heavy games (eg BattleForge ) for a while in fullscreen mode, and then exit.

Thought the problem was Avira-related so I switched to Kaspersky but still...

Already installed the lastest updates from Windows updates.

My system specs and dump files are attached as follow:

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.6 KB · Views: 1
  • dump1.zip
    193.8 KB · Views: 4
  • dump3.zip
    90.5 KB · Views: 3
  • dump2.zip
    175.9 KB · Views: 0
The dumps are quite big and our forums only allows a maximum upload size 200KB so I split them into three zips, dump2.zip and dump3.zip contain the latest dump files.

Here are the latest 5 (including today's dump):

Attachments

• 5-last.zip
    159 KB · Views: 1
While nothing specific for diagnostic purposes by way of drivers was cited all five error codes are the same 0x3B and these are often caused by faulty video drivers. I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Ok I uninstalled my video card driver then booted in to safemode, windows said sth like "NVIDIA 9800GT installed sucessfully". Look likes it automatically recognize the device, so I ran a check with DriverSweeper for NVIDIA Display and cleaned what was found.

Installed the latest driver from ASUS, hope it will be ok from now on. I will report if new BSOD occurs.

Another 0x3B. Repeat the steps I gave you but this time update the latest drivers for your card from Nvidia.

But I've already installed the latest driver from ASUS - my video card is an ASUS EN9800GT - after using DriverSweeper to clean the driver installed automatically by windows?

Any other suggestions please?

Nvidia drivers. Not Asus drivers for their Nvidia card. Go to Nvidia's website and find the drivers from there.

Ok the NVIDIA drivers said it could not install PhysX software system so I download PhysX directly from NVIDIA. This one said it could not remove the old PhysX even with the help of DriverSweeper so I did some searches on Google and use Window Installer CleanUp and it got rid of the old PhysX.

After that everything seems fine. Thanks for the advice, I thought ASUS' driver for ASUS NVIDIA cards will be more compatible with the device than NVIDIA's one, but it were just a bunch of NVIDIA's drivers with some overclocking softwares.

Will report if sth new happened...

Same 0x3B error code. :( Try the following:

1. Repeat the steps I gave you but install the previous latest drivers.

2. Start > Run > type in EventVwr.msc > Okay Look for Yellow Triangles and especially Red Xs and note what they flag.

Last time when I closed BattleForge I had Yahoo Messenger running in background, so a chat window popped up and the BSOD occured.

Today: no pop-up windows, no BSODs. I've realized that I have to wait a while for BattleForge to completely shut down before doing anything.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Back