BSOD - Bad_Header_Pool/IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

Ok so, I've pretty much googled the hell out of my problem, tried everything listed in this thread techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

And still no luck. The majority of my bluescreens happen when I use graphic intensive applications. I've installed TWO new video cards to see if it was just an issue with one. An Nvidia GT240, and an ATI HD 5670. Getting blue screens with both. I even bought new ram and replaced it to see if it works. I'm thinking I'm destined to just throw this comp out the window, but if anyways can help me, It would be so overwhelmingly appreciated. Or at least identify my issue!

My system is as follows:

AMD Athlon II X4 630
4g DDR3 Corsair Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5670
750g HD
500W Coolmax PSU
Windows 7 x64

Heres my latest dumps, I had to zip them due to file size limits.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    81.9 KB · Views: 1
I couldn't access the link so I don't know what you've tried. The dumps only cited Windows OS drivers and these are usually too general to be much diagnostic help (but see below).

1. Do you have more than one PCI-E slot and if so have you tried placing your video cards in a different slot? Have you updated video drivers?

2. Has this issue been from the beginning of the build? When did this problem begin and can you remember adding any hardware/software that might be the culprit?

3. You are running Windows 7. Are you utilizing any USB external drives, USB hubs, etc. from an older build? Are they attached when you are running graphic intensive applications? The reason for the question is because one of your error codes is 0xFE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER. Usually indicates a USB driver problem. The driver cited was the Windows OS drive USBPORT.SYS

4. Your power supply: Is it supplying the correct power needed, especially to your video card? Have you attempted to test your PSU with a digital multimeter?

5. Find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? How about the timings?

6. What are the temperature read outs on your system especially for your video cards? Such intensiveness is going to raise your temps high and heat will shut down a system fast.

1. Only one slot :(

2. I think I may have screwed something up early. This is a pre built HP. I threw in my GT240 when I bought it and had it running for about a month with the standard 250w PSU...The Bluescreens started about a month into it. I've replaced both the power supply and video card and still same issues after reformat.

3. I am using the front USB drives which arent technically 'on board'

4. I dont quite have access atm to a volt meter

5. Will check soon

6. There is a fan on my card and I see it on running, but speedfan doesnt give me a GPU readout for some reason. All I get is temp 1 2 3 and core

Thanks for the reply by the way!

Back