BSOD becoming a Constant issue

DemonVenom

So after a solid week of dealing with some form of Registry "Issue" which won't allow system restore to complete successfully at all.... I've masked a few of it's problems by re-installing non-working software etc.

I am continually having my PC BlueScreen on me though on a regular basis... the last "Report" I received I managed to copy and hope it can shed some light on the problem.... I myself know nothing about the information presented and hope someone will be able to help narrow down the issue/issues and point me in the right direction.... Thanks for any help you can offer!

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 4e

BCP1: 0000000000000099

BCP2: 00000000001FE83F

BCP3: 0000000000000002

BCP4: 000000000017498E

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Have you attempted to update all of your drivers on your computer? Specifically the MOBO drivers. I suggest getting the model of the MOBO and going to their official site, and downloading the newest drivers for your OS (Making sure to grab the proper 32-bit or 64-bit drivers depending on which version if Windows 7 you have installed.

To check which version you have, go to Start > Right click My Computer > Properties. In there it should tell you if it is 32/64-bit

Try updating all drivers, and have you done any virus scans/removed any infected files recently?

Have you attempted to update all of your drivers on your computer? Specifically the MOBO drivers. I suggest getting the model of the MOBO and going to their official site, and downloading the newest drivers for your OS (Making sure to grab the proper 32-bit or 64-bit drivers depending on which version if Windows 7 you have installed.

To check which version you have, go to Start > Right click My Computer > Properties. In there it should tell you if it is 32/64-bit

Try updating all drivers, and have you done any virus scans/removed any infected files recently?

I have attempted several driver updates, as well as re-installing programs... Many of the updates Fail. Some I did eventually get to work. The Mobo (Msi) drivers were updated not too long ago... I'm reluctant to retry them now as system restore fails every time (even in safe mode) and I worry the driver redo may screw up also. My OS is Win 7 64-bit Pro which I failed to mention. Virus scans etc. have come up clean but I was getting errors pointing to the Registry/key before I removed and re installed java.

Days before I tried a registry "trick" to try and enlarge the Text/Buttons in Photoshop.
http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/
It failed miserably and I deleted the...... PreferExternalManifest file I placed in the Registry! (I Never should have been in there to start!)

Open Task Manager - Control, Alt, Delete and select the Performance tab. Maybe looking at the graphs for cpu and, more likely, Physical Memory (ram) will give a clue.
If usage looks high you have something to go on. Maybe temporarily uninstall Photoshop which must eat resources to see if that cures the problem.

0x4E errors are almost always caused by corrupted memory and corrupted memory can cause all kinds of issues. Run the free and perfectly safe diagnostic tool called Memtest which can be found here: http://www.memtest.org/

1. Download the latest ISO file and burn to a CD.
2. If your DVD/CD drive is not first bootable in your BIOS do so.
3. Place said CD in your drive and reboot.
4. The test will take over before your system can load Windows.
5. This test takes a long time. The rule of thumb is to let it run 10 Passes; it is waste of time to do less BUT if you begin getting errors sooner you know you have bad RAM. If you get just one error you have bad RAM. Most people start it before they go to bed and check it the next morning.
6. It will in no way harm your system to run the test this long.
7. If you do have errors then test your memory one stick at a time. If your memory came in a set the manufacture will require that you send all sticks from the set even if one is good.
8. Good memory will never test bad but bad memory has been known on occasion to "pass" memtest.
9. I have seen errors occur after the 12th, even the 15th Pass = Bad Ram.

Two other things: 1) If your memory is overclocked then set said memory to the manufacture's specs and 2) Test your hard drive especially using the Long Test.

I agree with Route44's suggestion of testing RAM, it can cause all sorts of issues.

If you're going to go through the extent of making an burning an ISO to a DVD to run on startup for diagnostics, I suggest Hirens BootCD, a very handy tool with MANY freeware programs that can help both while in windows and externally (Before you boot into windows)

To find out all the software that comes with Hiren's, go here: http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

To download Hiren's, you can find it here: http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ - Scroll down until you see http://prntscr.com/616iaa

They don't host it on their main webpage.

I should mention, the Hiren's tool does include a copy of memtest86+, HOWEVER, it is not the newest version. The version included with Hiren's is 4.20 and the newest version is 5.01. Complete list of differences can be seen by scrolling down on their mainpage that Route44 has provided.

P.S Just incase anyone is wondering, the screenshot I took here was taken and uploaded using Lightshot (Where the picture is hosted) You can easily Print Screen, select the area you want to "capture" edit it with simple things as I have (Outlines, arrows) and other things such as text. Also can easily save to documents, copy, upload directly and other features, very handy tool (https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html)

Thank you all for your prompt replies! I appreciate the help. I'm currently away on work but will be back home soon... Once I am I'll run the Mem testing and hopefully narrow this down. Could the fact I screwed around in the registry have somehow caused RAM issues? It's just odd I didn't have a problem until after doing so. I did run some test within Win 7 on my Ram I think but will still do so with the Software suggested. I'll let you know how it goes then. Thanks again!

Also I forgot to post it before but I Checked in the performance tab..... I Have 16GB of
DDR3 1600Mhz RAM but I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, As far as I can tell it seems to be running "light" and not Over burdened.

Attachments

• Preformance.jpg
    Preformance.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
What did you do in the registry? And why did you feel the need to tinker with the registry?

It's mentioned above in my post, and the reason I felt the need to "Tinker" boils down to.... I'm a ***** sometimes :mad: (Basically I was in a fit of rage because the Photoshop icons were so small and I spent hours trying to resolve the issue, in the end only messing up my PC and deleting PS)

Days before I tried a registry "trick" to try and enlarge the Text/Buttons in Photoshop.
http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/
It failed miserably and I deleted the...... PreferExternalManifest file I placed in the Registry! (I Never should have been in there to start!)

Maybe uninstall Photoshop and run CCleaner or Glarysoft Utilities to tidy up the registry. If that settles it down reinstall Photoshop and don't mess with it. If still no cigar run those mem tests but remember that they will take up a lot of time.

Bazz2004 - Yeah I uninstalled Photoshop and ran CCleaner pretty much immediately after it Happened. I'm gonna run the mem tests tonight hopefully! I'll report back after that!

Maybe uninstall Photoshop and run CCleaner or Glarysoft Utilities to tidy up the registry. If that settles it down reinstall Photoshop and don't mess with it. If still no cigar run those mem tests but remember that they will take up a lot of time.
Sorry I took so long, was gone away and came back to major internet/Power problems at my place... turns out the power company accidentally sent a surge in power and fried a ton of stuff in my house, PC's & Laptops included among many other things! Once I get straightened away I'll come back to this and try... if that PC even works still!

Oh wow, that's unfortunate news. They at least covering costs of damage devices?
They said that as it was 100% their fault they will cover the repairs.... but I've got everything in the shop like they told me to do.... maxing my credit card on repairs at the house and there, now they've sent me my paperwork asking for receipts for my computers.... Unfortunately most were 2nd hand purchases so I'm somewhat up $hit Creek at the moment! they better honor the original agreement or I'm gonna loose it! Of course though, no one answers or returns my calls now :mad:

Wow that's even worse news.

I'm sorry to hear that, just tell them that you unfortunately don't have current paperwork but you can have a technician evaluate the system and give a quote... They broke your stuff, they just need a quote on price, shouldn't matter if it's second hand.

Wow that's even worse news.

I'm sorry to hear that, just tell them that you unfortunately don't have current paperwork but you can have a technician evaluate the system and give a quote... They broke your stuff, they just need a quote on price, shouldn't matter if it's second hand.

Yeah I got a Technician to look at them and he verified what happened, just trying to get someone to acknowledge I exist at this point though (No messages Returned)

Yeah, what a bunch of asses. Hate when they leave you hanging, at least give a call to say we got your message we will get back to you when we know more.

Back