BSOD DMP files attached

ConnectionsPR

Hi guys,

I have finally had enough crashes and decided to try and resolve my daily BSOD crashes. They happen once or twice a day, I am not sure if Skype is connected to them or not. I spend a lot of time talking to clients on Skype and it always seems to crash a lot more at these times (probably sods law at work:) I have attached my 5 most recent DMP files in a zip folder in the hope someone who knows far more than I might know what to do with them... I am a bit lost on Windows 7 trouble shooting. If anymore information is needed please let me know, I will be watching this thread closely.

Greatly appreciate any help!

Cheers,

Gary

Attachments

• dmp.zip
    122.1 KB · Views: 3
There is actually a forum specifically for BSOD/crashing issues. My first thought would be to check your RAM since these crashes are so frequent.

While nothing definitive was cited as the cause except one file mentioned hardware, there were four different error codes and this can be a sign of corrupted memory. Therefore we suggest you run memtest on your RAM for diagnostic purposes.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Thanks very much Route44! I have downloaded the Memtest and about to install it now. I will report back either way :) I would never have got to that being a possible problem by myself and so your help is GREATLY appreciated.

Talk soon. Cheers, Gary

Hi again, I downloaded the latest version and it runs two passes at a time, I have run it 3 times (3x2 passes that is) so far and received no memory errors each time. I will keep running it a few more times. Thanks Gary

Update, I keep running the memory test and it has not reported any problems. Did you have any other ideas that could be causing the BSOD?

Thanks again for all the help!

Gary

Hi there, I have run the programme 8 times and time it ran 2 passes. All with no errors detected. I have looked at the info that came wiht my machine and was uanble to find the hard drive manafacturer, I looked up who HP use only to find various different answers...

The product number of the machine is VJ342EA#ABU
model DV6 2020SA

AMD Turion dual core mobile m500 2.20ghz

Not sure if this helps much, it is a notebook windows 7 64BIT machine with 300gb hard drive.

Any ideas welcomed! I guess I could take the backcover off to find the manafacturer of the harddrive?

Thanks again,

Gary

As per memtest instructions: A minimum of 7 Passes and the more after 7 the better.

Open up your case and look at the top of your harddrive. it should give a name.

Back