BSOD every day

April xo

I don't know a whole lot about computers, but I keep getting a BSOD. I started getting them back in September and got them everyday. For a while they stopped, but then I randomly got one yesterday morning and two back-to-back today. This is the error report.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode:3b
BCP1:00000000C0000005
BCP2:FFFFF88001A9453B
BCP3:FFFFF8800AFD2930
BCP4:0000000000000000
OS Version:6_1_7601
Service Pack:1_0
Product:768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\120613-32058-01.dmp
C:\Users\April\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65707-0.sysdata.xml

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

When I try to it says that the files don't exist or no read permission. I tried to uncheck the "read only" button, but every time I apply it, it just goes back to read-only.

Well I figured out how to make the zip file, but it won't let me upload it because it's too large.

Try my posted instructions once more... you have to make a compressed(zipped)folder. The important word here is compressed

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Follow this very carefully. You are running Windows 7 right?

Yes, I am running windows 7. I selected all 24 files I have in the minidump folder with the .dmp extension. I compressed them into a folder that is 1.79 MB. I try to upload it and it says that the file is too large.

Let's go to Control Panel, System. Advanced System Settings. Startup and recovery, settings. Uncheck time to display a list of operating systems and automatically restart. Change time to display recovery options when needed to 5 seconds. Change write debugging information to small memory dump (256kb) Is overwrite any existing file checked?

Okay, that should speed up your computers start up and any new minidumps will be smaller in size

Unfortunately no... I still have to check the minidumps for clues on what is causing the BSOD's

"I don't know a whole lot about computers, but I keep getting a BSOD"... This could be a problem. The minidumps suggest a problem with a network driver. Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

Back