BSOD from TCPI.SYS every 5-10 min - but not in Safe Mode nor without network cable

Hi Guys,

The following are the facts:
- BSOD every 5-10 min
- All crashes produce excactly the same fault codes, address etc.
- All crashes points to TCPIP.SYS
- If I start with Safe Mode (but with Networking on), I do not get the crashes. This is how I write this post.
- If I pull the network cable out of the system and boot to normal windows I do not get the crashes
- I thought it was a Motherboard problem and bought a new MB, but still the same problem
- I also replaced the Power supply just to be sure - same problem
- I have reinstalled Windows, but still get the crashes
- My system is ASUS Sabertooth X58 MB, Intel i975, Windows 7-64 bit, 8 GB RAM, SSD drive
- I tend to get a longer time to the first error after I start the computer from cold (I.e. when it has not been on for a few hours)

I include a few mindumps and a text file with all events from the last crashes.

Can anyone figure this out? If you do and have a PayPal account - donation is on the way (I know you would do this anyhow, but it is worth hell of a lot to me to solve this mistery, so I really want to give you some reward).

Thanks!
Per

Attachments

• MiniDumps.zip
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
  • EventListing.zip
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
Solution found?

After trying a lot of stuff, I finally uninstalled my "PC Tools with Antivirus 2011". Now it seems to work. Has been running for over an hour with no crash!

Just now i googled on BSOD, TCPIP.SYS and PC Tools and then found a link actually describing the fix on geekstogo a topic called 292579-tcpipsys-bluescreen (I am a newcomer to this forum and it then prevents me to paste the link - sorry).

If this is not the solution, then I will repost here.

F.Y.I. tcpip.sys is a Windows driver. Now normally OS drivers are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help but tcpip.sys can be an exception. It has to do with internet protocol and often points to the need of updating wireless/NIC/LAN drivers.

However, infections can also be a cause.

PC Tools confirmed to be the cause

Just to close out this issue, I have now tested more and it is clear that with PC Tools installed and active on the system it crashes, but without PC TOols the system is stable.

I have contacted PC Tools support and they have asked for more information and fault seeking such as deactivating small parts of their application one after another and see what happens. That amount of time I do not have and am now (after 5 years of using PC Tools) using another virus software instead.

It is much appreciated that you got back to us with the resolve. tcpip.sys errors can also be caused by security software but that usually is the exception than the rule. Glad it is working out.

Back