BSOD Help After Windows Reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shecky504

I was getting BSOD's and had my laptop wiped with a fresh reinstall of Windows XP a few months ago. Everything was working great until last week when I started getting random BSODs. Here is the info that popped up about the errors and you can see the attached screenshot for more info:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : AAA04D76 BCP3 : A9470460
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I've run CCleaner which seems to help for 3-4 days but BSOD still appears. Please help me if you can.

Attachments

• BSOD.jpg
    BSOD.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 5
Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Have you installed e EXT2IFS (ext2fs.sys is kernel mode driver installed by this software) on your system? Also, it would be much more helpful if you can attach your mindumps with next psot, you can find them in C:\windows\minidump. Regards

There are no files in the Minidump folder (I even turned on show hidden files and folders). When I opened Bluescreenview nothing happened (I assume since there are no files in the Minidump folder). I did install EXT2IFS. I have an Archos 5 media player and in order to use it as a hard drive I had to install EXT2 from http://www.fs-driver.org. It's been working fine for the few months I've been using it until now. Any ideas?

Check your settings....

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel (Start>Control Panel in Vista).
2. Double-click System.
3. Click (Advanced system settings link in Vista, then --->)the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
4. Make sure, there is a checkmark in Write an event to the system log.
5. In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (64k).

Since settings are fine and no minidump files are created, I suspect, you have some system files issues.
Since you performed fresh install couple of months ago, it may be a result of some hardware problem.
What was the original reason for reinstallation?

Go Start>Run ("Start Search" in Vista/7), type in:
sfc /scannow
Click OK (hold CTRL, and SHIFT, hit Enter in Vista/7).
Have Windows CD/DVD handy (with Vista/7, most likely, you won't need it).

The original reason for reinstallation was that my computer was running extremely slow and it was pretty much unusable due to a trojan virus. I tried running the scan you suggested but my CD is for Windows XP Home and it's saying I need the XP Professional disc which I do not have. My laptop is running XP Media Center edition.

it's saying I need the XP Professional disc which I do not have
This is typical misleading Windows generic message.
Media Center Edition is an offspring of Windows XP Pro, that's why "sfc" is asking for XP Pro CD, but in reality, you need XP Media Center Edition CD to complete "sfc". MCE CD are hard to find.

Few things are unclear here.
How did you perform clean install, since you don't have CD?
Where did Home CD come from?

It's little bit strange, few months after installation you're getting system files errors (we know, since "sfc" is asking for a CD).
You may have some hardware problems, or you got infected again.
System files corruption is possible too.

Edit: I just noticed Archean's question, you never answered, about "Ext2 Installable File System for Windows": http://www.fs-driver.org/

I did install EXT2IFS. I have an Archos 5 media player and in order to use it as a hard drive I had to install EXT2 from http://www.fs-driver.org. It's been working fine for the few months I've been using it until now. I feel this may be the problem.

As for the reinstallation, I took it to a computer tech store and they wiped and reinstalled for me. The XP Home CD is from my previous laptop.

Your earlier BSOD snap pointed at EXT2IFS, so I would suggest you to uninstall EXT2IFS from your computer, and use it for extended periods to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back