BSOD -- I believe its a driver issue...

Amaze

Not sure, but I believe thats whats causing it....

happened also right after I ran aswMBR/rouguekiller, just checking if I had anything to worry about....

I had a failed harddrive, and bought a new one, and installed AMD CCC instead of the ATI one....

It wont let me upload my .dmp files :/

Ok. got it.... this is all of my recent BSOD (7)

Attachments

• Last 7 BSOD.zip
    231 KB · Views: 4
Go to the minidump folder and select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Then I modified the extension to read .zip

What should I do?

It doesn't support .dmp either

Sorry, didnt realize windows 7 supported .zip files now.... guess theres no real reason to even have 7z installed lol
thank you for the quick reply though, it is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Last7BSOD.zip
    381.1 KB · Views: 1
Looks like a video driver or video card is causing this. Yes Windows 7 has its own zip feature:)

"and bought a new one, and installed AMD CCC instead of the ATI one"... What does this mean?

When I replaced the old HDD, I installed AMD catalytic control center instead of the ATI catalytic control center module on the laptop.....

Is that all that is causing it? on all of them?

whats the safest way to uninstall a video driver and program, and install the correct one- SAFE MODE?
thanx again

Its hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing the issue as the old HDD had BSOD issues too, but it wasnt due to the fact of video driver issues....

thats I want to make absolutely sure that it is indeed the video driver and NOTHING else. today was the first time its done it in months, which is strange because I play quite a few games on this laptop- and top end games at that lol

Get the driver from the laptops support site, then make sure you have used Windows Update to make sure Windows is current. Run Windows Update manually until no more updates are found

The minidumps provide clues most of the time, not exact causes. Your minidumps are pointing video issues

The AMD driver is not listed in device manager....

where would in uninstall the incorrect drive as I have just downloaded the correct driver ( I think)

Ok, ive down some uninstalling and installing over and and over....

no matter where I download the driver from be it ati website or the hp website the model of my laptop, I am unable to start the catayst pro control center.... its says it could not be started and there are currently no settings that can be confiured using the catayst pro control center.....

the last one I installed changed my resolution, and im not going to lie, I like it being alot bigger than 1600x900, but that doesnt solve my issue unfortunatley, I cannot seem to find the correct driver, and I also cant seem to completelty uninstall the previous one, because when I select uninstall the driver via device manager, I go to install a different one, its says in teh custom install that it is installed and up to date O.o

WTF is going on here, I hate AMD/ATI

Its listed as ATI mobility raedeon HD 4650

but then under installed programs, its listed as AMD CCC

artgghhh

The AMD CCC (AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center) is a program. The ATI mobility radeon HD 4650 listed in the device manager is a driver. So this is normal... Is windows fully updated using Windows Update? If you don't have all the Windows .NET Framework updates installed, this can affect the video drivers and utilities like the CCC

I have the latest updates, but am unable to open CCC.....

would you be able to help me with this issue, or so I need to post a new thread in the proper section?

I have no idea is the BSOD issue is fixed now, but I guess ill figure it out if I ever BSOD again

Do you remember if a .NET Framework update was installed at the time you installed CCC? Run Windows manually from the All programs menu and see if all the updates, including all the optional updates are installed. Run Windows Update once more after you see "no more updates are found". The .NET Framework Updates are very necessary for CCC to run properly

Net framework was updated before CCC.....

this problem has persisted when I got the new HDD and cloned the old to the new one....

now im having issue where I did a FRESH install of CCC after removing it with a program, and now when I just installed it, it removed itselfs from the context menu when I right click, so I went to uninstall it AGAIN, and now it wont uninstall from the add/remove programs, its giving me aessage saying that the directory is missing or invaild.

Ok, double checked for framework updates and finally got the catalyst to install properly....

and still it refuses to open saying no settings can be configured for it and doesnt open

I don't have a windows disc to do a clean install, and that's a bit much to try and get a program to work-

I'd rather deal without then start all over because a the CCC won't start
I mean I would love to get it to work but... Uuuhhhh, I don't think it's gonna happen

The Catalyst Control Center is used to modify the video cards settings, just like my Nvidia Control Panel does. Because you can't open the CCC, this may indicate a problem with the video card itself...

Well, I guess if the computer doesn't BSOD anymore you are okay. because of that malware issue, you could still be infected

Back