BSOD in Vista Ultimate 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happened when I tried to minimize a game.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8009FA8010
BCP2: FFFFFA600687AC48
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 256_1

dump file is attached.

Attachments

• Mini062010-01.zip
    38.3 KB · Views: 1
FYI, if you only have one or two minidump files just attach as is; no need to zip them. If you have 3 to 5 then please zip them together in one ZIP file. 5 is the maxiumum. Thanks.

Your error is 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR. This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:

1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.

2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.

3. Check your hard disk for errors.

*** In your case the ATI driver atikmpag.sys was specifically cited as the cause of your issues. There is quite a lot on the 'net concerning this driver and the problems it causes. I suggest you search it for yourself.

You might want to try the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back