BSOD issue

Hamza

Hi All,

It looks like this community is a great one to ask. I've been suffering through many bluescreens and almost every 3 hr the BSOD happens on my laptop. I have checked the ram through memtest and found it to be okay. I cant seem to locate the actual problem and so I ask you guys to please help me with this. I uploaded some of the dump files that I have been recieving.
The systems specs are
750gb harddisk
8gb ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
cpu i7 2670QM

Attachments

• Dumps.zip
    459.5 KB · Views: 6
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Dxgmms1.sys

This has to do with the video driver. You might try updating it, and also check that you have all the Windows Updates applied

Can it be some other problem because the driver is updated to its latest version? Anyways I just installed a older version of that driver and see if it goes away.

So I still got another BSOD. I am worried can it be a hardware fault? I have attached the dump I recieved this time. I believe I have all the windows updates installed.

Attachments

• Latest dump.zip
    93.8 KB · Views: 2
Still the same error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" dxgmms1.sys... What video card do you have installed?

Ahh... Integrated graphics. Do you have any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? What is your laptops make and model number?

Yeah integrated graphics. No there is no exclamation mark in the device manager. I've attached my motherboards make and model.

So I recieved another blue screen and have attached the latest dump. I changed to the graphic card to the latest driver.

Attachments

• dmp.zip
    164.5 KB · Views: 1
Spoke to soon, I recently recieved another blue screen. If this doesn't go away do you think I should format my laptop?

Attachments

• Dump.zip
    81.7 KB · Views: 2
Okay, go back to the link I posted and try a few of the suggestions. It is the same DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, Ntoskrnl.exe. Do you have any factory recovery options on that laptop?

I think I used the software driver genius to update all the drivers in my laptop and probably one of the driver is messed up. Yes I made the laptops original recovery dvd.

Back