BSOD on MacBook running Win7

Hi,

I have an older (pre-silver unibody) White MacBook (probably several years old at least) that I loaded Windows 7 on to via Boot Camp. It ran fine for a while, and then recently has been crashing on me. It has yet to crash in front of me, but I tend to leave it on pretty much all the time and every so often in the past couple of week I'd come back to my computer (which is connected to an external monitor, mouse and keyboard) and find that it had "died" - I haven't been as careful in keeping track of how it died, but the most recent time it was simply powered off. When I powered it back on, it went through the start-up options (because it apparently knew it hadn't shut down correctly), and upon booting into Win7 it told me the system had recovered from a serious error and gave me this information:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 975FAD15
BCP3: 98DC7A78
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\022113-21980-01.dmp
C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48266-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

If anyone can offer me any help on how to proceed with diagnosing and fixing this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much

- Marc

Okay Marc, you have shown us where the minidump was, now you can post it by going to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)zipped folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Back