BSOD on re-installing Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a desktop Dell Optiplex 330 be knocked over around 5 times a few weeks back and its driving me mad trying to fix it.
At first when trying to boot up, the computer would reach just past the F2/F12 screen for setup, but then error on a black screen asking for CTRL+ALT+DEL to reboot. This would just loop over & not boot correctly. The harddrive was put into a spare computer and files recovered onto a spare WD80GB HD.
The Dell doesn't have a CD-ROM drive in it, so i took the one from the spare HP computer, and plugged in as nessesary into the Dell, along with the faulty HD to re-format. I've set the Boot sequence to CD-ROM 1st. The Windows XP disc loads fine, up until "Starting up Windows" at the bottom bar, and then BSOD appears before any of the normal re-format/install can be done. It displays STOP:0x0000007B (0xF78E2524, 0xC0000034, 0x0000000, 0x0000000) I don'y know if that it much help. I have tried 2 separate WD harddiscs with this desktop and both produce the same problem. Could this possibly be a fault with the motherboard?
I'm not too clued up on PC's (Work with Firewalls mainly) So sorry if i seem a little uneducated!

Don't worry about being uneducated about computers. We all start out as novices. Your error is described as the following:

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

If i am reading this correctly I suggest re-posting in the General Hardware forum (or possibly the Storage forum because they deal with HDs there) because you've tried two different WD drives and yet you can't install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back