BSOD on Win7 64-bit, 0x000000d1

gab02SC

Okay. My laptop is new, just 1 week. It's a Lenovo ideapad z470.
I get random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs. I've already had 5 of them. They mostly occur in 2 day intervals but today I had 2.

Here:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 13321

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000028
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800171AB2D
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I have attached the minidump files and when I viewed them with BlueScreenView and it said that it was caused by NETIO.sys and ntoskrnl.exe but I don't know what to do next.

Laptop Specs:
OS - Win7 Home premium 64bit
Intel Core i5-2430M Processor @ 2.4GhZ (2nd Generation)
2GB DDR3 RAM

and also, I had 2gb additional RAM installed when I bought the Laptop.

Help. Thanks.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    110.1 KB · Views: 1
Have you installed all the Windows 7 updates? Just keep running Windows Update until no more updates are found. Even if you open Windows Update and it says "no updates available" hit "check for updates" until no more are found. A week old laptop should not have BSOD troubles and new laptops rarely have the newest Windows updates installed

Well, I have the Windows automatic update on but I did what you said and checked for updates. There were 3 Important Updates and 5 Optional and I installed them all. I'll wait and see if any more BSODs occur. Hope this works.

Edit:
Okay. I just finished installing the updates but before I was able to restart I had Another BSOD with the same source, the NETIO.sys. and the ntoskrnl.exe.

Is this bad or is it just because I wasn't able to restart yet?

So far I haven't had any BSODs after successfully installing the updates this morning. It's looking pretty good so thanks for your help. If I get another one I'll check out that link you gave. Thanks again!

Just had another one. :\ Same BSOD, same cause. I checked the other link and I'm sort of afraid to try out the driver verifier since I don't have access to another pc and an external hard drive. Not sure what I'm gonna do if something goes wrong.

If you are afraid to try out the driver verifier, take the laptop back to where you bought it and have it checked under warranty

Well the thing is i'm kinda far away from home. It's a 6 hour trip and I have school. I won't be able to take it back there 'til mid December. Is there any other solution? Sorry if I'm being annoying.

"Is there any other solution?"

YES! Follow the directions in the link I posted and don't worry about and external hard drive. Just back up important stuff to a DVD. You can't possibly have that much on the computer yet :(

Hiya there! So I just got home and tried out the verifier. I got a few more BSODs and athrx.sys and tcpip.sys have been added to the causes. Trying to get it fixed now and I'll see how it goes.

Back